Having problems with your 301?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Do you have a Dish Network 301 Receiver?

Is it displaying "Vital Information being downloaded to your receiver"?

If yes then DON'T TOUCH IT, leave it as it is.

Dish Network is aware of the problem and is working on it.

uh oh

I better run for cover...my dad has 3 of these, my grandma has 2 of these and my other grandma has one....they'll be calling hollering up a storm :(

Potential for another BIG DISH F*CK UP. When will they start BETA testing these upgrades before releasing to BETA TESTING CONSUMERS?

I hooked up a 301 last night (because I didnt get any calls)...

When you turn off the unit, about 10 seconds later it says the "downloading info"..the green bar comes out 1/2 inch and then disappears. If you power the unit back on, it works fine :)

From what I understand the problem is not happening to everyone. Which is good, and from what I know it is only happening to people with software version 2.04.

No word on if a fix has been made yet. I would suggest if you have one of these units and it is still doing it to call Echostar for further advice.

Okay, here's the deal. Yesterday, Dish was supposed to do a software update to RESIDENTIAL customers only. Instead they issued a global update. This corrupted the data in some receivers (including ALL of the commercial ones). If you do a hard restart (hold down the power button until power light blinks) it cures it.

I had to do this on 109 receivers yesterday. :(

um, bn

These are residental receivers we're talking about here. I did a hard reset and it still did it.

Since the 301 isn't hooked up, its no biggie for me.

My 301 works fine, the only thing I notice is that my 301 in the bedroom has to retreive the signal for the program guide alot more often then the receiver in my living room. :confused:

Iceberg said:
if you power it off at night (standby), it will download the guide for 2 days :)
...but who wants to wait that long???

(and you thought the guide on the 811 was obnoxious!)

hee hee

I mean it will download 2 days worth of info during the overnight hours. Better than waiting for the dreaded "please wait for guide" :)

switch problem with 301 related to update?

This morning my 301 suddenly lost the 119 satellite. When I do a check switch a switch is not detected. When I hold down the power button as suggested, I cannot get it to blink. Why is that?

I have unplugged receiver, done a check switch with the cable plugged in and not plugged in as suggested by a Dish Support person, but still no help. I also moved it to another room where our old 2700 is in use, and it still does not work. The 2700 is working fine, so it is just the 301.

Any suggestions would really be appreciated!!

never mind!

Well, the second time we hooked up the 301 to the cable in that the 2700 uses, it acquired the 119 satellite and installed the SW21 switch just fine. Now I brought it back to the original location and it is working fine. Who knows?

this is why I NEVER turn off my receiver. If it isn't off, it can't get an update, right?

besides, I use ReplayTV and often record stuff when I am not around, so the box has to stay on all the time for that anyway.

So thats why my recever was screwed up. I had my reciver shut off, the thing came back on which i thought that ment a software upgrade, but i ended up having to do a reset. So its not only me.

I have had issues in the past where some receivers would have to have the check switch redone because it seemed to clear out and lately the same thing again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)