Having trouble with signal with OTA last few days, it's just the weather right?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Okay, for those of you who don't know, I live in Rochester, Minnesota. But anyways, I'm having trouble with the signal even with local locals the last few days, especially today (it's 4/6/16). I'm pretty positive it's just the weather, but I thought I'd check and ask you guys for certain. Thoughts?

That's probably it.
That's kind of a worst case scenario. I'm hoping it's something else but if it's been working fine and after you get a lot of rain it acts up it's a real possibilty. Be sure to check everything else first, antenna moved or damaged, loose connection, bad or failing amp, etc. If it does turn out to be moisture in the coax it will require replacement. Good luck!

That's kind of a worst case scenario. I'm hoping it's something else but if it's been working fine and after you get a lot of rain it acts up it's a real possibilty. Be sure to check everything else first, antenna moved or damaged, loose connection, bad or failing amp, etc. If it does turn out to be moisture in the coax it will require replacement. Good luck!
I notice other stations are working now mostly. I'm assuming the signal will get better?

Keep an eye on it. If it's dropping stations when it rains, then clears up after the sun comes out again, could be water getting into a transformer or connector. If it's spotty when windy could be a broken or loose connector, transformer or connection to the antenna.
It's cheap $$ to check connectors for corrosion and replace antenna transformers. Soooo, maybe do that before it goes out again.
Gets rid of that variable anyway.
Don't use indoor rated transformers outside. IDK how many times people have called me and all it took was replacing the transformer with a proper one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts