having troubles hooking up my satellite dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sporte563

Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
boise
I have the new HR-22 and a 5 lnb Slimline dish with four cables coming out of the lnbs. I also have two cables coming directly straight from the DVR to the satellite dish. Which two do i connect them too since i am only using one receiver. The cables from left to right get bigger. I have my dish set up to the coordinates that my zip code ask for so i dont know what is wrong i am frustrated and only want the HD channels. I am trying to work off the 101 but unsure. I have a current subscription but know that i have unhooked my dish i am without football.

I have the new HR-22 and a 5 lnb Slimline dish with four cables coming out of the lnbs. I also have two cables coming directly straight from the DVR to the satellite dish. Which two do i connect them too since i am only using one receiver. The cables from left to right get bigger. I have my dish set up to the coordinates that my zip code ask for so i dont know what is wrong i am frustrated and only want the HD channels. I am trying to work off the 101 but unsure. I have a current subscription but know that i have unhooked my dish i am without football.
Welcome to the site !

You should run all 4 cables down to a ground block and then go from there to your recvr.
However, you can connect your coax to any of the 4 connectors on the LNB if you decide to go that rout, remember, it's not grounded this way.

What do you mean by :
The cables from left to right get bigger.
?????
What cables ?

i was meaning that the cables from the lnb are all different sizes. So your saying i need go to a splitter i have a splitter thats 4X4 is that what your talking about on the ground. and do i have to ground it out somehow. I am new to this stuff and confused never have had this much troubles but i guess the HD makes it harder.

i was meaning that the cables from the lnb are all different sizes. So your saying i need go to a splitter i have a splitter thats 4X4 is that what your talking about on the ground. and do i have to ground it out somehow. I am new to this stuff and confused never have had this much troubles but i guess the HD makes it harder.

Cables should all be RG-6 in size and have fitting , I prefer Compression fittings as they are waterproof.

You do NOT want to use the 4x4 switch with the newer slimline set up.
Actually, if the HR22 is the only recvr your using, you won't need a splitter ( btw, it's a Multi switch, not a splitter).

As for the grounding block, I prefer to run all the cables from the dish to the ground block , this way they are there for future use in your case.

You can have 4 tuners hooked up before you need a Multi Switch. Each DVR you hook up with two leads counts as 2 tuners.

okay i think i have gotten what you are spitting out. I don't need to use my multi switch and i can just connect the two cables with two of the cables coming from the lnb. Question does it matter which one' i use.

Now back to the grounding part, i am a little confused here on what you are saying. Believe me i am not stupid just wanna understand before i go outside in the freezing cold and the wife keeps laughing at me. Again thanks for the help.

okay i think i have gotten what you are spitting out. I don't need to use my multi switch and i can just connect the two cables with two of the cables coming from the lnb. Question does it matter which one' i use.

Now back to the grounding part, i am a little confused here on what you are saying. Believe me i am not stupid just wanna understand before i go outside in the freezing cold and the wife keeps laughing at me. Again thanks for the help.

Do it tomorrow, it'll be 55*'s

First, you'll never use the MS that you currently have (4x4) as it doesn't work with the new set up .... (it would work, but not allow you to get alot of channels that way as it would block alot of signal that normally would be passed .)

Connect all four cables if you have them and run them down to a grounding block.
You can get by with running just two from the LNB to the block if you want, just thinking about the future for you.
Once you have your lines run down to the grounding block, (and the block grounded), run the 2 lines from your HR DVR to 2 of the 4 ports on the ground block.

Jimbo

okay sounds fair enough i will go buy one of the grounding blocks tomorrow and try it out thanks for the help it is very appreciated

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts