HBO & Cinemax Free Preview September 3 -7

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lou_do

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 2, 2005
Central Maine
I just got my D* bill, in the mail and I noticed inside the September flyer there was a notice about a free preview, for HBO & Cinemax, from September 3rd to the 7th. It stated it was free for all TOTAL CHOICE customers.

Cool, thanks for the info, I don't get mail from D*, everything is online.
So this site is the only place I hear about this stuff in advance.

shugo77 said:
Cool, thanks for the info, I don't get mail from D*, everything is online.
So this site is the only place I hear about this stuff in advance.

same here...i have never received a single mailing from D*...actually find this odd, but at the same time I am greatful :)

When any of the pay services do a "free" weekend and make the programming unscrambled very everyone, shouldn't those of us who subscribe get a credit for those days since we had to pay for them? Granted it only amounts to a small amount, but I think it's the principle of the thing. If they're giving it away, it should be for everybody. When I use to subscribe to cable, I would call them up any complain and several times I did get a credit. I've never tried it with DirecTV.

A credit? you're talking about a very small amount of money, 4 days of two premium channels...

If they wanted to give things away universally (in case you already have hbo or cinemax), they could give away free ppv during the same weekend, but honestly, it's not a big deal...

Sometimes you get a preview of things you pay for, sometimes it's things you don't pay for. It's balanced...

that's like going to mall and asking for a discount because they are give away free samples of Chinese food

This is good news because there ain't a damn thing on PPV this weekend.

Any email notification system for these freebies?

The only way I know about these deals is by checking the front page of this forum every day (usually I head straight for the HD section). So I'm always missing my opportunities! Does D* (or SatelliteGuysfor that matter) have any kind of notification system set up so people can be emailed advance notice of when they are going to unscramble certain channels?

If you sign up to their website, and check the appropriate boxes, you get an email which has something like this (in this one I got notified of the Starz pack freebie*):

MyDIRECTV? NEWS - SEPTEMBER 2005

---------------
IN THIS ISSUE
---------------

1. AUSTRALIA SWEEPSTAKES: FROM DIRECTV VIEWERS CIRCLE
2. MLB EXTRA INNINGS(sm) PENNANT RACE -- ORDER AFTER SEPT. 5
3. STARZ? SUPER PACK FREE PREVIEW WEEKEND SEPT. 9-11
4. DIRECTV FREEVIEW? EVENT: LIFEHOUSE FROM PORTLAND
5. NEW CUSTOMER REFERRAL PROGRAM: SPREAD THE WORD
6. PREMIERING THIS MONTH
7. FREE NFL SUNDAY TICKET? SUPERFAN PREVIEW FOR NFL SUNDAY TICKET CUSTOMERS
8. MOVIES ON PAY PER VIEW
9. EVENTS ON PAY PER VIEW

*Interestingly enough though, I did NOT get my August email newsletter mentioning the HBO/Max freebie. Go figure.

D* Freebies

Double thanks!! I Just noticed the free Starz listed for this weekend in your example email!!

By the way, on their website, you can enable any of the packs on a day to day basis, so you can enable starz tonite, and watch a movie on it you wanted to see, then 24 hours later login and turn it off, and a charge of only 40 cents will appear, 2 days, 80 cents, and so on, with no cancelation charges, apparently this is allowed, as if you do the math, 40 cents a day for 365 days is 146 bucks (12 bucks a month), so it's all the same to them.

damaged said:
By the way, on their website, you can enable any of the packs on a day to day basis, so you can enable starz tonite, and watch a movie on it you wanted to see, then 24 hours later login and turn it off, and a charge of only 40 cents will appear, 2 days, 80 cents, and so on, with no cancelation charges, apparently this is allowed, as if you do the math, 40 cents a day for 365 days is 146 bucks (12 bucks a month), so it's all the same to them.
Nice to know...:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)