HBO/Cinemax Takedown

I don't care who did the pulling of the networks first. I'm not leaving Dish for DiWreckTV. I'm not giving AT&T my money, plain and simple. I cancelled their long distance service 5 months ago. They keep sending me a statement that I have a 2-cent credit coming to me! I wonder how much it's cost them to print the statement and mail it to me for the past 4+ months telling me they owe me 2 cents that I'll never, ever see? Not that I care about the 2-cents, but really, mailing the same statement month after month is just absurd.

Back to my point: if HBO/Cinemax never come back to Dish, I can live with that.

What I have done as it is inexpensive to do if you have high speed, is to have the best of both Worlds, streaming on the Fire TV/Roku and have Dish. If Dish loses a channel, Often I can pick it up elsewhere with ease. No installer, extra cable drop or dish antenna. With HBO on streaming, I can add or drop it at any time with no fees.

Reactions: pattykay
What I have done as it is inexpensive to do if you have high speed, is to have the best of both Worlds, streaming on the Fire TV/Roku and have Dish. If Dish loses a channel, Often I can pick it up elsewhere with ease. No installer, extra cable drop or dish antenna. With HBO on streaming, I can add or drop it at any time with no fees.
Exactly right! I have firestick, roku and Netflix along with my DIsh. I don't miss a beat. I use to have cable too and the whole bill came to $400 a month, including internet. I dropped cable and reduced my Dish package for a considerable savings.

Reactions: pattykay

I have decent high speed internet, and have Netflix and Amazon Prime, so (if I wanted to) I could drop all the extra pay channels I have via Dish (except Epix) and just add Amazon Prime channels and get it all that way. That's an option, and I might go that route if this black-out last past 4 months. I'll just bide my time and see where things stand in March...

Reactions: D. Manley
I have decent high speed internet, and have Netflix and Amazon Prime, so (if I wanted to) I could drop all the extra pay channels I have via Dish (except Epix) and just add Amazon Prime channels and get it all that way. That's an option, and I might go that route if this black-out last past 4 months. I'll just bide my time and see where things stand in March...

Since I have AT250 and the Movie Pack, I get Epix, Starz-Encore, etc, along with my Amazon Prime and HBO via Fire TV & Roku. So I have plenty of movies to watch. A nice addition to Dish and OTA.

Charlie is in a no win situation with ATT and is trying to get the best deal for him. He's bleeding subs on Dish, and that's loss revenue. Everyone wants a skinny package now. They want the 30 channels they watch and don't want to pay for anything else. It would not surprise me to see content distributors go to the programmers and only pay for what people actually watch versus bundles of channels. Pay per channel based upon viewer ratings.

Exactly

Reactions: reddice
i am about to pull the trigger on season 1-7 bluray of game of thrones on ebay. i refuse to give any $$$ to at&t or hbo.
I bought this during Amazon Prime Day. But if you think at&t doesn't get your money because you bought the optical media, you might want to re-examine who owns the copyright.
Game of Thrones Seasons 1-7 Blu-ray box set said:
©2017 Home Box Office, Inc. All rights reserved.HBO® and related service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc. Distributed by Warner Home Video, 4000 Warner Blvd., Burbank, CA 91522.
And we all know that at&t owns HBO and Warner by now...

Reactions: lfp302 and TheKrell
Yeah we had HBO on point to point microwave antennas here in Detroit before they wired the city for cable
I used to install those systems, originally it was HBO only then the system was upgraded with Zenith set-top boxes and Vertical polarity antennas
and added CNN, MTV and a handful of other stations.
Before they scrambled the system it was heavily pirated with the coffee can antennas and stop-sign downconverter boards.

Reactions: bspei

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)