HBO Deals?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Willis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
Well with the Soprano's returning March 12th I am going to add HBO to my package. What is the chance of D offering some kind of deal? Would it help to call and ask?
Thanks

I called them last month about the offer that RCN cable was giving for HBO and they gave me a 10 buck a month credit for 6 months. No questions asked, and i didnt even tell them i was thinking of disco'ing the service, they heard cable co and they offered me the credit and said, in 6 months call back...

WOW..try to get that out of the cable co!!!

theslag said:
I called them last month about the offer that RCN cable was giving for HBO and they gave me a 10 buck a month credit for 6 months. No questions asked, and i didnt even tell them i was thinking of disco'ing the service, they heard cable co and they offered me the credit and said, in 6 months call back...
WOW..try to get that out of the cable co!!!

What did you say RCN was offering?

well, my wife called me and told me that rcn called and was offering the same channels that total choice plus offered plus HBO for 60 a month for six months. I called direct and told them, and they gave me HBO for 2 bucks a month for six months. Here, my wife got it wrong from RCN it was only three months...oh, and direct tossed in Showtime for free for six months too...and I didnt even ask for any of this....

So basically it is worth a shot to call D and tell then I have a good offer from cable on HBO..

I just got off the phone with D ..I got 6 months HBO for $2.00 per month!

I would call, and give them a shot...To my suprise I got starz for 1.00 for the next six months. I called yesterday

Question: Can you turn your HBO on and off on demand? In other words turn it off now, turn it on for Sopranos, and then turn it off again when the series is over 4 months from now?

aec4 said:
Question: Can you turn your HBO on and off on demand? In other words turn it off now, turn it on for Sopranos, and then turn it off again when the series is over 4 months from now?

Yes you can, If memory serves me correctly, they put you on a 1 year contract when you activate it, then de-activate it.

aec4 said:

When I got the HBO "deal" I was told I must keep HBO for atleast 30 days or I would be billed a $10.00 charge.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)