HBO discount offer + contract re-negotiation?

Test it out...

They have fixed the bug that allowed folks to view recordings after no longer being subscribed to the channel. It will remain on the DVR, however when trying to playback, will ask to subscribe.
Is there a grandfather clause? I can still view recordings stored in my hard drive from a channel I no longer subscribe too. It never ask me to subscribe to the channel again when I play them back.

Do you have the CUI? Hopefully it doesn't affect you, but it does affect many many others.
When my HWSs went to the new CUI the recordings still worked. Also they still work when I went to Hopper 3s. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned this. Hope I don't lose them now. The channel I subscribed too was very expensive. I hate to have to get it again. My damn bill is high enough.

Reactions: pattykay
I wonder what would happen if you move a title to an EHD while subscribed to the channel, and then play it back from the EHD after the channel is gone?

I wonder what would happen if you move a title to an EHD while subscribed to the channel, and then play it back from the EHD after the channel is gone?
That is how I always play the recordings that I use to subscribe to that channel, from the EHD. Recently I had an EHD starting to act up so I transferred most of the recordings back to one of my Hopper 3s and they still work.

I have found two or three conditions on recordings.
One a large dialogue box in the center of the screen persists as long as the show is playing.
Two the large box gives way to a smaller box at the bottom of the screen for the duration.
Three the large box stays for a minute or two and goes away.
Punching OK on the remote has mixed results. It may take you to the offer to subscribe and back to the large box or it may speed the removal of the dialogue boxes.
I haven't documented which channels or record dates react in which fashion and probably won't.

Maybe the decision on whether it stays and plays depends upon whether you recorded it while actually subscribing as opposed to a free preview.
If that were the case, I would think they would cater to the customers who paid for the content.

actually it doesn't. charlesrshell, who was a subscriber is still able to watch his recordings although he doesn't subscribe any longer.
Sorry, I thought I read another post besides mine that reported the opposite as well.

I thought that's what I just did. It is available online for $10 per month.
Update from shy subscriber who hates conflicts: A few days before my HBO was set to expire, I did a chat and simply asked if I could continue at $10/month since everyone got that offer. She said, "Not at this time (computer etc.) but we will take care of you later". She implied there was even a better deal we could do then. So I clicked out of the chat and changed my "Continue Program @ $15" to "Do not continue". Well....I forgot about everything but noticed this week that GoT was not set up to record. That reminded me that 8/1 had come and gone.

So I was prepared to go back and "Chat", but when I went to "My Programing" on the website, it simply had an empty box among the list that had HBO @ $10/month for a year. Rather than Chat (even though there was an implication of even a better deal) I simply checked the HBO box and now have another year @ $10.

Sundays GoT is now on my schedule. :)

My Daughter recorded a movie from Encore during the recent freeview and I just had a Chance to try playing it and it did. I did need to hit the cancel button to remove the subscribe now box. (Carbon UI)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)