HBO - Game of Thrones (No Spoilers)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
A game of survivor where the loser is actually murdered on screen?

Not a terrible analogy. Phrase from the show, In the Game of Thrones, you win or you die.

GoT is like TWD, except the zombies are white walkers, "Negan" is a woman (Cersei), "Daryl" just got a new crossbow (Bronn), "Rick" doesn't want to be a leader and is screwing his aunt (John Snow), and the children are less annoying and more badass.

GoT is like TWD, except the zombies are white walkers, "Negan" is a woman (Cersei), "Daryl" just got a new crossbow (Bronn), "Rick" doesn't want to be a leader and is screwing his aunt (John Snow), and the children are less annoying and more badass.

Never watched TWD, does it have any nudity? GOT does have some of that. :bigok

Although seeing Melisandre in her natural state one time can't be unseen. :eeek

Reactions: catamount
At least this one was in daylight. We are left to ponder the fate of Cersei and Jamie. Seems a shame to get rid of her that easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At least this one was in daylight. We are left to ponder the fate of Cersei and Jamie. Seems a shame to get rid of her that easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think people are misinterpreting the fade to black, that was their fate, not the avoidance of it.

From what I'm reading the consensus appears to be they were indeed squished. An unsatisfying end for those two. :(

So, who takes out the Mad Queen?

This is a terrible last season, it's like the showrunners stopped caring. If you watch the after episode interviews it's very plain the showrunners don't understand the characters.

Reactions: Foxbat
From what I'm reading the consensus appears to be they were indeed squished. An unsatisfying end for those two. :(

So, who takes out the Mad Queen?

Only fitting if Jon does but wouldn't be surprised if Arya or even her own dragon. Jon is a Targaryen so the dragon may have bonded with him.
Starting to think Sansa ends up on the throne. Weird how they spent 7 years building characters and have them turn bad in the end. I think the ending could have been better. My son who reads the books is disappointed how the TV series is going.

I was reading they may have shot multiple endings knowing there would be leaks so even the actors may not know how it ends.

Last edited:
I was reading they may have shot multiple endings knowing there would be leaks so even the actors may not know how it ends.
Someone should have told HBO that they're showing the versions that were supposed to end up in the trash! :D

My theory: Bran wargs into Drogon, and we eliminate the Iron Throne and Mad Queen Daenerys in one stone-and-steel-melting blast.

Complete trash episode. I can confidently say that it was the worst of the series. Which sucks, because I loved the spectacle of it all. I think that Arya will take out Daenerys, John will move to the north (the real north) and Sansa and Tyrian will rule the kingdom together.

Complete trash episode. I can confidently say that it was the worst of the series. Which sucks, because I loved the spectacle of it all. I think that Arya will take out Daenerys, John will move to the north (the real north) and Sansa and Tyrian will rule the kingdom together.
Not a bad guess. It doesn't seem likely the 7 kingdoms will reunite at this point but if they do, Sansa seems the likely choice. I keep thinking Robert's bastard will be back in the picture.

I think he just goes to Storms End and runs that place. Better place than he ever could have hoped for.

Season 8 was was basically a bust IMO. For those that are just reading this thread and haven't actually watched GOT's, the first 7 seasons were top notch productions, exception season 7 toward the end got a little weird also, but for the most part, nothing in the entertainment industry compared but that all came crashing down once the writers didn't have book material to follow. Yes, there have been bigger ending bust like the Sopranos but what disappoints me was I just expected more and was spoiled by previous seasons.
There will be spinoffs for sure similar to Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.

Reactions: wormil
It seems to me the new plan of succession ("selection by lords and ladies of the realm") pretty much guarantees the "Game of Thrones" will intensify. Now each selection process will surely be accompanied by the assassination of rivals, backroom deals, dirty politics, secret alliances, foreign intervention, etc. I'm not saying hereditary succession was any better, but the new system doesn't solve any problems that led to the events of the show. It only created more opportunities and incentives for cruel, behind-the-scenes politicking.

Though some of the endings for certain characters seemed fitting enough (things came full circle and made sense), I can't say I was particularly satisfied with any of it. And I never got teary eyed at any point (as I'm prone to do with big series endings). The biggest winner in all this was Bronn - a mostly marginal character since the sixth season.

Reactions: wormil
Though some of the endings for certain characters seemed fitting enough (things came full circle and made sense), I can't say I was particularly satisfied with any of it. And I never got teary eyed at any point (as I'm prone to do with big series endings). The biggest winner in all this was Bronn - a mostly marginal character since the sixth season.

I actually think Sansa might be the biggest winner. She got to be queen, as she wanted, in what I think would be a less taxing roll than the leader of the 6 kingdoms.

When the kingdom rulers had the gathering and none of them including the Starks mentioned the fact the rightful ruler by blood was Jon is where the books will differ I'm sure. What he did wasn't a crime, and being the true King whether he wanted it or not stopped a mad woman...

I guess I can accept Grey Worm not killing Jon Snow after seeing what he had done, as the Unsullied are ruled by order and discipline. However, the Dothraki lost their Khaleesi. I can't see Jon Snow surviving an angry horde.
Overall, I have to ask, I paid $30 for this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)