HBO GO via the ROKU box

ekilgus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Southeast US
I read an article in my local paper a couple of days ago about HBO GO that said it will be available by the end of this month via the ROKU boxes. As before, this will be available only to those that have an existing HBO subscription. The article goes on to say this will enable subscribers to watch HBO GO content on TV’s where there’s no set top receiver and outside the home. HBO will initially provide resolutions up to 720p with the goal of increasing resolution up to 1080p.
As far as I know, currently HBO GO doesn’t provide streaming to the TV and is only available to the PC meaning HBO GO and MAX GO for that matter can’t be accessed through our receivers, necessitating the ROKU box. Am I correct?
Apologies if this has already been discussed in another thread.

Roku Channel Store | Netflix, Amazon Video On Demand, Hulu Plus & More on Roku Streaming Player
Soon you can get unlimited access to over 1400 of your favorite HBO shows, including HBO original series, hit movies, sports, comedy specials – plus bonus features and behind-the-scenes extras and more. That’s every episode of every season of the best of HBO – all FREE with your HBO subscription through participating TV providers.

HBO GO® is only accessible in the US where a high speed broadband connection is available. ©2011 Home Box Office, Inc. All rights reserved.

Could be a nice addition if you have a TV in a room without Satellite connection, or in a room using TV2 which is SD on Dish receivers. This would give you HD for HBO programs that are available. (in addition to streaming past shows to your TV in HD)

I'd like to see HBO Go as a Viera app on Panasonic TV's and BDP's.
I prefer "apps" to the web-based interface they use on GoogleTV. (The same is true for Amazon VOD)

I'd also like to see HBO Go add closed captioning like they have on Netflix and Hulu apps. The Hulu caption method is especially well-designed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts