HBO-HD/SHOWTIME-HD/STARZ Source on C Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2005
HBO-HD/SHOWTIME-HD/STARZ-HD Source on C Band

If I just wanted HBO-HD on C-Band, who would I subscribe from and what would that one channel a la carte cost?

Same deal for Starz-HD and Showtime-HD?

Is there a discount if I got 2 or 3?

Thanks

As far as cost, maybe you should contact the service providers out there. But, you should also note, you will need a 4dtv receiver with an HDD200 decoder as well as a C-band dish to get any of these HD channels. Also note that you won't be able to get Showtime HD east because it is no longer available to 4dtv.

Al

voomvoom said:
As far as cost, maybe you should contact the service providers out there. But, you should also note, you will need a 4dtv receiver with an HDD200 decoder as well as a C-band dish to get any of these HD channels. Also note that you won't be able to get Showtime HD east because it is no longer available to 4dtv.

Al

Well, I don't know who the service providers are. I do have the necessary equipment though (a CBand Dish just came into my possesion) - just never investigated the other part of it.

You will get wealth TV and PBS HD free, you can get discovery HD a la carte, but for HBO you will need to sub to HBO not only the HD channel, you will get the HBO SD programming along with it, very good looking SD and more channels than what the small dish and cable would give you in there HBO package, it is worth getting the HBO/MAX package.

Here are two good packagers:
http://www.callnps.com/
http://www.programming-center.net/

If you need a 4dtv:
http://www.callnps.com/4dtv.htm
http://skyvision.com/store/399_4dtv.html (good deal on both the 4dtv with the HDD 200)

With NPS you can contact an outbound rep, and work out a deal with them, an outbound rep can give you better deals than the listed prices.

tdti1 said:
You will get wealth TV and PBS HD free, you can get discovery HD a la carte, but for HBO you will need to sub to HBO not only the HD channel, you will get the HBO SD programming along with it, very good looking SD and more channels than what the small dish and cable would give you in there HBO package, it is worth getting the HBO/MAX package.

Here are two good packagers:
http://www.callnps.com/
http://www.programming-center.net/

If you need a 4dtv:
http://www.callnps.com/4dtv.htm
http://skyvision.com/store/399_4dtv.html (good deal on both the 4dtv with the HDD 200)

With NPS you can contact an outbound rep, and work out a deal with them, an outbound rep can give you better deals than the listed prices.

Thanks for the info....npr lists HBO HD East and West on T9, whatever that is.

On the Motorola Website I had found it on G9 with StarzHD. Is HBO-HD East and West not available on G-9(Galaxy13) Transponder 10 with Starz-HD on Tranpsonder 7 and 9?

And while on the subject, I thought the T's were Telestar which went away long ago - wtf is T9?

If you want a deal on the Motorola HDD200/201 decoder; checkout EBay and the "Satellite SwapnShop" forum at www.satforums.com

Many Star Choice HD subs are selling their units as SC has dropped the price of their integrated HD receiver (505) to under $170us

HDTVFanAtic said:
Thanks for the info....npr lists HBO HD East and West on T9, whatever that is.?
Read it again. It says T7. T7 is the 4dtv designator for IA-13.

On the Motorola Website I had found it on G9 with StarzHD. Is HBO-HD East and West not available on G-9(Galaxy13) Transponder 10 with Starz-HD on Tranpsonder 7 and 9?

Starz and HBO aren't affiliated at all. They won't be sharing transponders.

C band is not like Dish or DirectTV, which are more like cable companies. On c band you will be receiving the signal directly from the originating company.

HDTVFanAtic said:

And while on the subject, I thought the T's were Telestar which went away long ago - wtf is T9?

HBO and Starz HD and Weath TV HD are all on Galaxy-13 (G9)

HDTVFanAtic said:

Actually, HBO used to be on T7. They moved before it failed and went dark. They must have had some insight or maybe a vision of the failure as they were the only ones to move before the failure. Of course it could have been just a coinsidence.

Al

mkm4 said:
Read it again. It says T7. T7 is the 4dtv designator for IA-13.
Starz and HBO aren't affiliated at all. They won't be sharing transponders.

I know they would not be sharing transponders. I didn't mean to infer they were, if I did somehow. Back to my original question, can I get HBO-HD and StarzHD off Galaxy9/Galaxy13 where both are located. If you are telling me that the nps listing is correct and HBO-HD is located on T7, lyngsat does not list them there. Perhaps nps is outdated?

mkm4 said:
C band is not like Dish or DirectTV, which are more like cable companies. On c band you will be receiving the signal directly from the originating company.

Yes, but even the cable companies have packages sometimes. For example a secondary cable company in town offers a HBO/Starz package at a discount. Makes no sense to me as they are not related as you mentioned. Usually I will see a HBO/Cinemax package, but different companies package different ways. I thought that the middleman might package them together.

NPS isn't known for keeping their website up to date.
As was previously stated, HBO HD has moved to the same sat as Starz HD, Galaxy 13, 4dtv designator G9.
I would hold off on Getting Starz. They are planning on dropping their analog signal at the end of the year. Currently you can't get their digital signal without already subscribing to their analog signal. With HBO and Showtime, the digitals are included in the price.

Starz will be dropping their analog channels, but the digitals wiil still be offered to 4DTV subscribes. Starz also hosts the 4DTV program guide.

Can I buy just HBO-HD and or Starz-HD and HBO-HD a la carte without buying some package? I would have a commercial dish that would not move and thus Showtime-HD on a different bird would not be of any use to me - nor would really anything else, except Cinemax-HD, which I understand you cannot get for some reason.

As far as buying from NPS, no. You have to have 7 basic channels before you can get the premium channels, and on the bird HBO and Starz HD is on there are only some Starz analog premium channels.

HDTVFanAtic said:
Can I buy just HBO-HD and or Starz-HD and HBO-HD a la carte without buying some package?

You can't subscribe to just the HD signals.
For HBO and Showtime, you subscribe to everything in HBO/Showtime and the HD's are included.
For Starz, currently, you have to subscribe to their analog signals before you can subscribe to their digital signals, but the analog signal goes away at the end of the year and new pricing/subscription information hasn't been sent out yet.

I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear. My mistake.

I meant could I just subscribe to HBO and/or Starz to get the HD (knowing I probably had to take all the HBO package for example) without subscribing to a basic package that included say, CNN, MTV, USA, TBS etc.

HDTVFanAtic said:
I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear. My mistake.

I meant could I just subscribe to HBO and/or Starz to get the HD (knowing I probably had to take all the HBO package for example) without subscribing to a basic package that included say, CNN, MTV, USA, TBS etc.

Yup :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts