Hbo Hd

DBENE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2004
I know this has probably been discussed but I couldn't find it on the search engine.

I was wondering if anyone else's HBO HD seens to stretch people's heads off of the screen vertically. I was switching from regular SD HBO to HBO HD and I noticed the difference. ON SD there would be a couple of inches in between the top of the person's head and the top of the screen while on HBO HD the picture was obviously better but sometimes the top of there head would be cut off(only the very top).

I am guessing this is some kind of overscan problem after taking into account previous responses about HD NEWS.

Funny, that HD news is now being displayed perfect on my screen. :smug

Was watching Sopranos last night on HBO HD, I went upstairs to my 4:3 and checked out the same channel (letterbox) and the regular HBO, I didn't notice any incorrect stretchiness...

However I do have a question, anytime there was something on the screen that was supposed to be real black, I would get fuzzy pixelation.. OR.. what seemed like small light blue squares flashing rapidly and randomly in that area... what is that?

Dvlos said:
Was watching Sopranos last night on HBO HD, I went upstairs to my 4:3 and checked out the same channel (letterbox) and the regular HBO, I didn't notice any incorrect stretchiness...

However I do have a question, anytime there was something on the screen that was supposed to be real black, I would get fuzzy pixelation.. OR.. what seemed like small light blue squares flashing rapidly and randomly in that area... what is that?
A friend was having this same problem. His problem was am improperly setup tv. Have you used avia or dve? Also, some sets are just incapable of accurately displaying deep blacks.

astrossuperfan said:
what stretch settings do you have?

What kind of TV do you have: 16:9 or 4:3?

I have 16:9 TV and I was watching it on standard on the HD channels (where I was having the problems). The only other option is "expand" which zooms in way to close.

The SD channels was stretched to fit the screen but looked good even though it was in 480i upconverted to 1080i.

The HD looked phenomenal except for the top of the heads being cut of a little. This was hardly noticeable.

joebob2 said:
A friend was having this same problem. His problem was am improperly setup tv. Have you used avia or dve? Also, some sets are just incapable of accurately displaying deep blacks.

Deep blacks isn't a problem on DVD, or even my Xbox, it's fine, it has happened only once or twice once in WorldSports and last night watching Hbo... kind of wierd. What's AVIA or DVE?

AVIA and DVE (Digital Video Essentials) are DVD's people use to callibrate their tv's. I have AVIA and got it for $20 from wal-mart.com a year or two ago. You can do a search on them to find out more info.

kaw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)