hbo hdcp

This is a different issue than the HDCP issue. What your issue is is that the component outputs are not live while HDMI is in use. However that's a great idea, and could be helpful for others with issues similar to yours.

It has something to do with HDCP (or copy protection) because the problem is only on the HBO channels. But, you may be right that there is a subtle difference.

With the 612 to the TV and the Sling on component, HBO (on Sling thru component) is fine if the TV is on. I get the Copy protect message if the TV is off (no HDCP Link?). If I unplug the HDMI cable (or switch the HDMI switch away from the TV), the Component Comes Back.

From what I have read, HBO's HDCP issues on the ViP Duo receivers only show up when TV1 is on HDMI. As long as the TV1 is HDCP capable, I believe that the only way around the HDCP issue on TV2 is to have TV1 on as well as TV2. If TV1 is not HDCP capable through HDMI, then the only way around the HDCP issues is to use component cables, at which point TV2 will no longer have HDCP issues.

This is exactly correct. I have been trying to inform people of this for almost 2 years. Would you believe that 2 years ago everyone thought I was nuts, they even sent a tech out to replace my box. Incredible that an appropriate software fix has not been implemented, but oh well as I said before I have given up on HDMI to avoid the hassle. PS this is not just HBO, any HDCP coded programming will be the same way such as On Demand items. I know there will be people who say they have no problem and the reason is simple, your TV1 connected with HDMI still completes the "Handshake" when powered off. Some tv's do, a lot do not which is why everything works when the tv is powered on and does not work when powered off. Anyway, just some information for everyone. :) cheers

From what I have read, HBO's HDCP issues on the ViP Duo receivers only show up when TV1 is on HDMI. As long as the TV1 is HDCP capable, I believe that the only way around the HDCP issue on TV2 is to have TV1 on as well as TV2. If TV1 is not HDCP capable through HDMI, then the only way around the HDCP issues is to use component cables, at which point TV2 will no longer have HDCP issues.

This is exactly correct. I have been trying to inform people of this for almost 2 years. Would you believe that 2 years ago everyone thought I was nuts, they even sent a tech out to replace my box. Incredible that an appropriate software fix has not been implemented, but oh well as I said before I have given up on HDMI to avoid the hassle. PS this is not just HBO, any HDCP coded programming will be the same way such as On Demand items. I know there will be people who say they have no problem and the reason is simple, your TV1 connected with HDMI still completes the "Handshake" when powered off. Some tv's do, a lot do not which is why everything works when the tv is powered on and does not work when powered off. Anyway, just some information for everyone. :) cheers

And another example of how the industry could have minimal standards but don't in many cases. One TV works one way to connect, another works differently. I find it hard to blame provider's receivers when TV's do not see the signal the same way. I have a Polaroid TV thankfully used not too often that when turned off, makes the Dish receiver reset. My two LG TV's work flawlessly, and our Sony at times makes me disconnect the HDMI and reconnect to get a signal. (Known issue)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts