HBO: The News Room scheduled on ch.465?

Saw this on all 3 of my DVRs tonight when I was looking for something I recorded last night. NOT happy. Do not record a 2 hour show on my DVR without my permission.

You gave your permission when you signed up for Dish. This is a very long standing policy of Dish. (I know Charter in E.Ct also does it see it where I work) It will not interfere with anything already set to record, so the time it takes to delete or skip is that terrible?

It will not interfere with anything already set to record...
Are you sure ? If so, Dish learned their lesson and adjusted the priority to avoid that from happening. In the past, if I had a recording set, any recordings set AFTER would have a higher priority.

Yes I saw the Newsroom recorded on my 722k. I deleted it and wasn't too pleased that Dish takes the liberty to cram some stupid show to record on my dvr.

I also watched the first episode, but after that I lost interest, too many other shows to watch and too take Jeff Daniels as a serious actor isn't for me, every time
I see him I'm reminded of that movie "Dumb & Dumber" that he was in with Jim Carey.

Are you sure ? If so, Dish learned their lesson and adjusted the priority to avoid that from happening. In the past, if I had a recording set, any recordings set AFTER would have a higher priority.

I can say with just about 100% accuracy their timer downloads have never interfered with any timers you have already set. If you add a timer, you would know just as you would anytime if there is no tuner available at the time they have it set, and given a chance to make your timer a higher priority, or just delete their timer.

That's not what I meant. The newest timer set always gets the highest priority. So, if one set a timer right now for 2am and in an hour Dish pushes a timer also for 2am, presuming all other tuners are in use, the Dish timer will win - *unless* they also set it's priority to something like 99.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Nope, on my 722, when I create a new timer and I don't change the priority, the new timer goes to the bottom of the list priority-wise.

I only watched two episodes of that show before I decided it wasn't for me. I like liberal leaning shows, but this show is too left even for me. Besides it felt too gimicky ,grabbing recent headlines for show ideas. He kind of reminded me of Keith Olbermann.

As Dare2be says, a new timer does not "trump" an existing one, unless the user makes it so. Or if Number 1 makes it so.....

On Hopper, the Setting DVR Defaults > DVR Timer Defaults > Priority can be set Highest or Lowest along with the Start Early, End Late, and Max. Events to Keep. Default for untouched was lowest.

AFAIK, there was no such setting on 722--but cannot go back to check.

So perhaps both sides are right.

-Ken

It works out the same with the VIP series, done in a different way. When you make a timer, it will make you decide the priority if there is a conflict. I hope you don't mean on the Hopper you can make any new timer by the default the highest priority everytime you make a new timer with no other interaction.

Shouldn't the behavior be consistent though ?

We just checked two iPhone 5's, Ray C and mine, and they both were defaulted to lowest priority. I am trying to get clarification if DISH Anywhere will default to lowest priority.

DISH Anywhere.PNG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts