HD 1 Receiver, 2 TV's

chastulsa

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
I have been brainstorming about how to use my 811 in my living room and my Home office on my LCD tv.

1. Does 811 output DVI and Componet at the same time?
2. I can attampt RG-6 to componet and runn it about the 60ft I need

I am still confused about the sound. Since I was going to use Analog audio How far can I run the RCA's? I havent found any ends that attapt RG-6 to audio, only video. I could buy the Terk wireless video transmitter and only hook up audio? Sounds like to much hassle to avoid a extra $5.00 a month and another $200 for a 811. I have a 510 should buy the 942 dump the 510 and move the 811 in the office, then I have to buy a QUAD LNB, and rob a bank to afford the 942? Any suggestion's?

-Chas

component and dvi do not work at the sametime. You can split the component, but I'd be worried about picture quality with that setup.

I'd go for the dish 'n it up promo and get a second 811 for the $5 a month, thats 60 bucks for a year and you know your gonna spend that much on cables and adapters trying to get the other to work :yes

but maybe someone here knows something I don't :D happens all the time :yes

good luck

RF converter

If you are not to worried about PQ then you can hook up to an RF converter. It will take the RCA video and audio and convert to COAX then just hook it in directly to the LCD. Worked for me.

Hey joeadt, I see you have the 60 inch model I could'nt afford that so I settled for the 50 inch, so how do you like it? I love mine even though I probally don't have it setup to it's full potential, there's so much you can do and I am not Mr. techno guy, anyway hope you enjoy it, I just ordered the 811 so I'm kinda excited about that even though I know I'm going to be confused as hell.

Chastulsa,
I have 4 TVs running off my 811 box. My HDTV directly through component video and optical audio and the other 3 TVs by coax through wall jacks that are part of the house distribution network. My only wrinkle that may not apply to most is the RF signal is through a modulator to put it on Channel 40 due to interference with local channels. With the 811, I believe I could use its varable modulator but since I had the other one I continued to use it. None of my other TVs are HD.

I am sorry, my post wasnt specific. I am tryning to get a HD feed on two receivers. I have a 54 Projection (soon to be sammy DLP) and a Zenith LCD 15 in. They make a wireless componet splitter but its $500

OdiOdin said:
component and dvi do not work at the sametime.

Who told you this? All outputs work simultaneously, none are ever turned off. You can have both DVI and Component hooked up at the same time. My 811 is hooked up this way.

Radio shack sells RCA Phone style to F-Connector style adapters. That is how I have my sub's feed piped over 25 feet away.

gpflepsen said:
I have my sub's feed piped over 25 feet away.

So you ran 5 cables to your second TV? 3 For Video (Componet) and 2 fir Audio (ANALOG) It's been my experience the F-connector adapters only work with Video not Audio?

chastulsa said:
So you ran 5 cables to your second TV? 3 For Video (Componet) and 2 fir Audio (ANALOG) It's been my experience the F-connector adapters only work with Video not Audio?

I feed my TV with DVI, Component, S-video and Composite. I like my PIP :)

You can use adapters to sind the audio, video, HD, composite, sub line signal over quality 75ohm coaxial cable.

Radio Shack carries a few RCA to "F" connector.

Partsexpress.com sells many.

090-268m.jpg

090-369m.jpg

090-400m.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts