HD-A1 Audio Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hoopnoop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2004
I have a quick audio question. I am set up for 5.1 analog audio output for HD DVD movies but prefer the digital component output for SD DVD. But I can't seem to get the component output to work when I change it on my audio receiver. Do I need to change something on my HD-A1 in order to enable the digital component output for my SD DVDs?

thanks!

I believe all audio outputs are enabled all the time. You can change the bit stream format (e.g. from Dolby Digital to PCM), but you don't need to do that normally.

Make sure your AV receiver is configured for correct input type and try cycling through its audio formats. Good luck!

Ilya said:
I believe all audio outputs are enabled all the time. You can change the bit stream format (e.g. from Dolby Digital to PCM), but you don't need to do that normally.

Make sure your AV receiver is configured for correct input type and try cycling through its audio formats. Good luck!

Yep, that's how I have my XA1 setup - 5.1 analog for HD DVD/ DD+ audio, digital optical out for SD DVD/DD5.1 or DTS 5.1. I just need to switch the audio input on the receiver. I can even switch between 5.1 & optical output while playing a disc, so they're enabled all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)