HD (ABC Worst!) Lip Sync Sound Delay

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hbstinton

Original poster
Sep 29, 2005
I'm a new Comcast digital/DVR subscriber with a new Motorola DCT6400 dual tuner DVR. The sound on my WABC HD feed is way off! The other HD feeds are also off, but by a much smaller amount. The ABC HD channel (eminating from WTNH in New Haven CT) is completely unwatchable.

I notice that others have posted similar comments. The only reason I'm starting this new thread is to place the words "lip sync sound delay" in the subject line.

The amount of delay varies based on these variables:
1. Sound is fed through optical out on Motorola box into my Sony pre-amp;
2. Sound is fed directly into TV through coax from DVR;
3. Sound is fed from phono jacks on DVR directly to "Video 1" phono jacks on TV;
I have also experimented with how the TV is receiving its video signal:
1. Coax directly from DVR to TV;
2. S-Video directly from DVR to "Video 1" on TV
BUT regardless of source and destination of video and audio connection, the result is an unacceptable out-of-sync experience.

Note: I'm not currently using an HD set, but have tried to watch network shows in HD to take advantage of 16:9 and 5.1 sound (the 5.1 sound is working beautifully when I use the optical connection into my stereo receiver.

Any ideas?

Have you gone into your menu to switch it to PCM, but here ( Metro Detroit ) I have no such problem with ABC or any other HD ( or SD ) channels and I also use the 6412.

Sound Delay

No problems here in Baltimore on HD stations. The only thing I ever noticed was that both video and sound are delayed (but in sync) in the DCT-6412 compared compared to the non-DVR Motorola HD box that I sometimes have on in another room (if I have the volume up loud enough to hear both). The DCT-6412 is seconds (like over 6 seconds if I remember correctly) (but both sound and video are late but in sync) behind the non-DVR. The only sound/video sync problems that I have seen with the DCT-6412 was when I was watchng "Harold and Kumar" (the White Castle movie LOL) on Starz "On Demand"
Wayne

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)