HD access fee?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cmags

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
can someone please verify?(i did do a search but there was conflicting statements). if i cancel hd access do i lose my locals in HD or are they included with my package? i currently have total choice and now my new bill shows hd access fee instead of hd pack.

can someone please verify?(i did do a search but there was conflicting statements). if i cancel hd access do i lose my locals in HD or are they included with my package? i currently have total choice and now my new bill shows hd access fee instead of hd pack.

I don't think you can cancel the HD access pack now.:confused:

If you have an HD receiver you will be charged now for the access fee. This keeps people (like me) who got an HD reveiver bacl last year for free to get OTA HD free.

If you cancel the HD Access Fee, you won't get anything in HD, that includes no locals.

If you cancel the HD Access Fee, you won't get anything in HD, that includes no locals.

The problem with that is once you activate an HD receiver your changed to the HD plan. If you cancel the HD plan better be prepared to give them the ird back.

The HD access is *required* for all HD receiver activations as of Feb 1st. I don't think you can drop it even if you wanted to.

The HD access is *required* for all HD receiver activations as of Feb 1st. I don't think you can drop it even if you wanted to.

Unless the HD equipment is deactivated and replaced with SD.

HD package confusion

Hmm I am a bit confused about this HD Acess, I have read the brochure and forgive my newbiness I find it a tad confusing for me.

Do I pick a package then add the HD Access fee? does this include channels as I seem to notice on their leaflet?

Hmm actually instead of me mumbling bout:

What package do you recommend, taking into account my belief is "HD or Die" :D

depends on what you want, the best package is the 99 dollar one as you get all the movies, but remember with that one, its an extra 10 for the access fee....also as others have stated without HD access there is no HD period, so no go for locals or anything! I have the Plus HD and it suits me very well....it comes with no movie channels but to be honest I Have no time for any of those.

Hmm I am a bit confused about this HD Acess, I have read the brochure and forgive my newbiness I find it a tad confusing for me.

Do I pick a package then add the HD Access fee? does this include channels as I seem to notice on their leaflet?

Hmm actually instead of me mumbling bout:

What package do you recommend, taking into account my belief is "HD or Die" :D

Think of the HD Access fee like this:

You pay $10 a month for it. This then gives you access to HD versions of any channels in your package. That simple. So since ESPN is in the most basic package then you get ESPN HD. When Sci-Fi HD launches you'll get it so long as you have the package that includes Sci-Fi.

If you want all the basic channels with no movie channels then the Plus HD package is the way to go.
Also if you add say just HBO then you'll get HBO HD as well.

Thanks for answering my questions. So basically if you want HD u have to pay an extra $10 per month?

So would the PlusHD package be $69.99 (not sure the brochure is up-to-date) and then $10 on top of that? Or is the HDaccess fee included with the PlusHD?

Adds up doesn't it :) I thought it was expensive north of the border. But more expensive in the US. We don't have the access fee. Interesting as I am learning a lot-thanks for your patience.

DigitalHomeCanada forum owner is "grumpy" and quick to knock people and their questions and opinions.

Cheers
J

Pkus HD includes the HD...the premium one dosent, I believe the plus HD is the only one that has HD built into it. I think. :)

That's correct, but if you don't have a DVR, you'd be wasting money on Plus, as it's just Choice Xtra with the DVR fee added (at a slight discount.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)