HD and non-DirecTV Tivo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

MattGrommes

Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
Hi, I have a newbie question. I've pretty much decided to go with Directv but I have a question about using it with my current setup. I've got an older regular Tivo and an HD TV already, will I be able to connect both with the Directv HD box (I gather the Huges box is better)? I know I can't record HD on the Tivo but the way I have it setup now on my HD comcast cable box, I plug the Svideo into the Tivo and the DVI into my TV and switch between the 2 using the TV's video menu. Can I do the same with the Hughes HD box? Will I be able to send different signals to the Tivo and the DVI connection, making it possible to watch one show on the Tivo and record a different one?

Thanks in advance.

MattGrommes said:
Hi, I have a newbie question. I've pretty much decided to go with Directv but I have a question about using it with my current setup. I've got an older regular Tivo and an HD TV already, will I be able to connect both with the Directv HD box (I gather the Huges box is better)? I know I can't record HD on the Tivo but the way I have it setup now on my HD comcast cable box, I plug the Svideo into the Tivo and the DVI into my TV and switch between the 2 using the TV's video menu. Can I do the same with the Hughes HD box? Will I be able to send different signals to the Tivo and the DVI connection, making it possible to watch one show on the Tivo and record a different one?

Thanks in advance.
yes you can

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts