HD and rain interference

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shappy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
As I sit here watching a black screen on my TV because my SD E* signal is being wiped out by heavy rain, I was wondering if HD signals are more or less susceptible to rain interference than SD signals.

Thanks.

As I sit here watching a black screen on my TV because my SD E* signal is being wiped out by heavy rain, I was wondering if HD signals are more or less susceptible to rain interference than SD signals.

Thanks.
All signals get treated equally by rain, BUT when you don't have rain fade the HD picture is much nicer:D

I just wasn't sure if the higher bandwidth data stream made it more susceptible to signal loss or not. Then again, with a 622 you can always have the OTA antenna to watch.

Thanks!

I just wasn't sure if the higher bandwidth data stream made it more susceptible to signal loss or not. Then again, with a 622 you can always have the OTA antenna to watch.

Thanks!
I thought all the transponders were sending at the same rate (~39Mbps), and the only real difference (other than MPEG-2/4) was how many channels per transponder.

I thought all the transponders were sending at the same rate (~39Mbps), and the only real difference (other than MPEG-2/4) was how many channels per transponder.

You are probably correct. I was just assuming that HD required a higher bandwidth signal.

Truth be told, I don't even have HD yet. I am planning on upgrading at the end of this year. I am just doing some initial research right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts