HD Cable requirements for dish network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dmattox

Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Hello all,

I currently have DirecTV, but bought a HDTV and decided to go with Dish Network.

With my current setup, all my cabling is quad shielded coax. I have a central location where my current "splitter" is. From the central location, I have two coax runs to my living room, two runs to my master bed room and a single run to my other bed room.

I have ordered a HD DVR (I assume its the 622?) and a standard DVR dual tuner which I'll use to control both bedroom TVs.

From what I can figure out, I probably need at least 3 coax runs to the dish + one additional if I want to add an off the air antenna?

Do I need more than two coaxes to run the HD DVR?

I think I need 3 coaxes to run the standard dual tuner DVR correct? 2 for incoming signal and one that runs to the TV in the other bedroom?

Going to try to have this all done before the installer shows up on Sunday.

Thanks for the help.

You only need 1 in cable to each DVR. Dish now uses a dish pro plus technology which allows both tuner feeds to be run on the same cable and then seperated before they're connected to the receciever.

You could also run the antenna on the cable going to the HD with as diplexor, but it's usually less hassles to run it seperately

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts