HD CBS Feed problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

iwannarock1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
Stern nation
In the Minneapolis market, last fall I would get a line(like a bifocal line) in the center of the screen on the HD CBS feed. I had it 3 weeks in a row on my Survivor recordings, then it went away. I thought maybe it was just my 722. Friday I did a couple of HD upgrades and they all had the same thing, only on the CBS HD channel. My 722 has had this since then too.

I'm wondering if everybody is seeing this, or is it just my area's feed. It's too annoying to watch, luckily I have my OTA, but I would guess that most people don't and are pretty pissed off by it. Last fall it lasted for around 3 weeks or so. The tech support people who answer the phone say they know nothing about this.

So who knows what about this?

Yes, I saw this as well here in L.A. last week, but OTA was fine. However, I can only say that I saw it for one night and I can't recall which (KABC, KNBC or KCBS) I saw that annoying line all night. It didn't notice it the next day. Of course, this is not a national problem, but we now know that this has cropped up at more than one LIL DMA.

My guess was/is that it may have to do with the MPEG4 encoders. satellite is really pushing these very new technical wonders (2nd generation, I think, of "on the fly" MPEG4 encoders for DVB) to the limit. If that is the case, then we know that the MPEG4 encoders for streaming DVB will only get better, as has been the case with previous technology. In fact, both Direct and Dish are counting on the encoders getting better so they can squeeze even more HD on the sats, and do so without losing any or just a touch of picture quality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)