Hd channels 118/120/154 off the air?

Yes I read but I haven't been staying here just reading the posts. Been mowing the yard, came back in and read a few posts & responded to them. I really have no way of knowing how the master feed uplink works so it didn't register to me. How about you explain a little futher how the process works so we can logically think about this ? I am really curious how they get channels to the uplink from all the different national channels around the country - not counting the uplink pop centers for locals. I already kind of know how that works.

I figured you would have read what I posted, that's all.

Nothing real fancy about the master feed. The provider puts together all of the video to make the SD and/or HD feed. They then feed it to the various video, cable, and satellite companies via fiber, C-Band, etc. The uplink centers then receive the video, decrypt it, then they feed it into their system and send it back out to their customers via satellite or other transports medium they use.

You'd think rather than just a generic slate, Dish would have put something more detailed up there letting their customers know exactly what the problem is, and that it's out of their control.

You'd think rather than just a generic slate, Dish would have put something more detailed up there letting their customers know exactly what the problem is, and that it's out of their control.

You'd think they'd be first to do that so people don't freak out and call the support line or blame DishNetwork for the problem.

I don't think dish has a HD character generator.

I would sugest that if its going to be offline tonight to change the guide data to inform viewers of whars up.

Wonder if they will mention this on the Charlie Chat tonight.

I figured you would have read what I posted, that's all.

Nothing real fancy about the master feed. The provider puts together all of the video to make the SD and/or HD feed. They then feed it to the various video, cable, and satellite companies via fiber, C-Band, etc. The uplink centers then receive the video, decrypt it, then they feed it into their system and send it back out to their customers via satellite or other transports medium they use.

Thanks it makes more sense now. I wonder though why if there was a fire at the master uplink center for the hd channels it didn't effect the sd feeds as well?

I don't think dish has a HD character generator.

I would sugest that if its going to be offline tonight to change the guide data to inform viewers of whars up.

Wonder if they will mention this on the Charlie Chat tonight.

I doubt it. Charlie is usually the last to know on these things. Besides most companies deny everything anyway, so they won't probably acknoweldge the problem .

How about a credit to our account, we pay good money for HD service I understand it is not DISH's fault but I am sure they will get a credit from these providers they should past this on to the customers, I am om hold now waiting for Tech Support.

**Update, DISH said they noted my account and to call back when the HD versions are back and I will receive a credit for the time they were out, they also told me in the meantime DISH is working to send an SD feed up over these HD channels, sounds like they expect these channels to be gone for awhile, she also mentioned that these SD feeds will not be mirrored it will be re-runs of HD programs but in SD.

My guess is that all their equipment is toast not from the fire but the water with a roof fire that is a lot of water that can only work it's way down through the building, and short out anything electronic.

David

Last edited:
It depends on where in the building they are located and where the fire was. The issue could me more of a health issue with the smoke smell and soot from whatever was burning.

For those with superstations, might be good to watch MY9 out of NY at 9est and CW11 at 10est to see if they have pictures and mention it at all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)