HD channels lost today?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lowe41

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
I was wondering if anyone could answer some questions for me. I got D* HD installed on 1/28 with the new dish etc.. When I got home today all the HD channels were out, error 771, except for the locals? This was about noon. When I reset the reciever, none of the HD channels with the exception of local HD's showed up on the guide. About 8pm I turned the tv back on and all the channels are up and working? I called D* and a tech is supposed to come out because they said I lost signal, but it clearly works? During the time it was out, I only had signal on one satellite, and only one test channel worked channel 490. Now all three are showing signals in the high 70's low 80's? The weather was fine and the dish is fine? It happened once before, but came back in about an hour or so? Can someone tell me if they have experienced this? or tell me if they have an idea of what is going on? The wires are all good and its a year old house?
Any ideas for the technician when he comes out? I am pretty lost about this.

Thanks in advance for your comments

Do you have the protection plan? If not you probly will be charged for the service call. It sounds like a reciever problem to me. Did you check you other recievers, if so where they doing the same thing?

No I don't have the protection plan. I just got the reciever less than three weeks ago. They are coming out for free because its within the 90 day warranty period. I got the reciever and dish free as an upgrade from regular Direct tv. I'll ask about the reciever malfunctioning.
Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)