HD Channels Missing from Program Guide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Odys

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 27, 2004
A weird thing started happening yesterday. When I went to the All HD program guide, a bunch of my HD channels were no longer listed. Channels like PlayboyHD, ESPNHD, StarzHD, one of the ShowtimeHD's and one of the HBOHD's (I think West, but I can't remember, I'm at work now). They show up in my All Channels guide, but they don't have the "HD" box in the program info. I can get the channels when I input them manually into the remote and they look like they are in HD. These channels should always be in HD, right? I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with the CSR and he had me do a reboot, but still nothing. I didn't get a chance to check this morning before leaving for work. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions? I've been Vooming for less than a week.

I believe they only show in the HD programming guide if they are presently showing HD material.

andrzej said:
That is correct.
It should also be noted that the guide is not always correct. I have seen HD programming on channels that have guide data without the HD logo. However, I don't recall seing an HD logo in the guide for a show that actually wasn't in HD. This may happen too but I haven't noticed.

occammd said:
I believe they only show in the HD programming guide if they are presently showing HD material.

This what my first thought was, but as I stated in my first post, shouldn't the channels that I mentioned be full-time HD channels?

no- HBOHD is not in hidef for say,,the Bob Costas reort. The guide will not have an HD but of course it shouldnt because the show is not in 1080i. I have noticed if it aint got an HD, the picyure is not true HD--upconverted maybe but not hi def.

Just got off the phone with another CSR. It seems we've narrowed the problem down to Playboy. The other channels weren't showing up in the HD guide because they weren't broadcasting in HD at the time. The CSR verified that some of these channels do not broadcast HD 24/7. But the Playboy should have been in HD according to the program guide the CSR was looking at while we spoke. She couldn't figure out why it was doing this and was sending it up the ladder to someone else. They said I should get a response "within a week." Anyone with Playboy having this issue?

Odys said:
Just got off the phone with another CSR. It seems we've narrowed the problem down to Playboy. The other channels weren't showing up in the HD guide because they weren't broadcasting in HD at the time. The CSR verified that some of these channels do not broadcast HD 24/7. But the Playboy should have been in HD according to the program guide the CSR was looking at while we spoke. She couldn't figure out why it was doing this and was sending it up the ladder to someone else. They said I should get a response "within a week." Anyone with Playboy having this issue?

Well, I have seen movies on TMC HD, which actually WERE broadcasted in HD, but NOT shown in the PG after selecting the "All HD" option. As a matter of fact, I believe I've never seen channel 251 (TMC HD) in the PG after selecting "All HD"? :rolleyes:

I have also seen movies on Encore HD shown as "HD" in the PG after selecting "All HD", but they were actually NOT broadcasted in HD.

Yes, I had the same issue with Playboy.. not in the HD guide or favs guide but in the all channels guide. I called Voom about it last night.

The Encore-HD Guide information is not accurate as to which movie is in HD. Starz-HD website has not even updated with the new channel either.

andrzej said:
subdude, could you give us an example? Just curious...
Well, tonight for example "Nobody's Baby" was playing on TMCHD in HD but it didn't show in the guide with the HD logo.

subdude212 said:
Well, tonight for example "Nobody's Baby" was playing on TMCHD in HD but it didn't show in the guide with the HD logo.

Does ANY TMC HD movie show up in the "All HD" PG? I haven't seen it so far.
Oh, just switched "manually" with the "number buttons" to channel 251 and CRASH, REBOOT :mad:

subdude212 said:

Yes, TMC - HD is another one. In order to update my HD listing, I have to look at the Showtime website and even that is messed up! :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts