HD Channels NOT on VOOM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MasterFX1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
With the recent Press Release about VOOM growing to 70+ HD channels I thought it fun to compile a list of U.S. HD channels in operation that are not currently on VOOM. (I prefer to leave local and regional channels out of this list.)

I'll update this first post as data comes in. I do think part of the new channels will be more Cinema channels and PPV-HD's, but hey, it's the season, let's make our list...

Currently in Operation:
INHD
INHD2
HDnet
HDnet Movies
NBA-TV HD
NFL-TV HD (Game of the Week)
WEALTH TV
WGN HD (Chicago-based SuperStation)

Distant Network Feeds:
CBS
ABC
FOX
WB
UPN
PBS|HD

Almost in Operation:
ESPN2-HD

I think you forgot WEALTH TV. At least I think it is available.

They dropped the NFL GOTW week games this year.

Also there's a whole bunch of regional sports networks that have HD games.

But these channels along with NBA-TV HD aren;t actually 24/7 HD services, so they technically shouldn't count.

Problem is most of those are either politically tricky or expensive to get. Cuban wants nothing to do with Voom. Cable want to keep inhd to themselves. Look how long it took for D* to sign the distant networks deals, and they have tons of subs. I don't know what V* will fill 30 more channels with. March is only 4 months away.

I would like to se more than Fox Sports Florida... for the love of everything, I live in Washington... i could care less about florida sports! Just adding the other FSN's would take up quite a few channels.

I think they shouldn't make the regional channels just for that state...it should be for everyone. When VOOM hooked me up Nov 1st I was getting FSFL but they turned it off on me grrrrr

Dolan

Lets face it Cuban and Dolan don't like each other Hell will freeze over before we get those channels i am just glad Voom made a press release it says to all the Voom customers that Dolan will fight tell the end. :D

I'm hoping for the FSNs and the HD feeds if they have them, anyone has the info on those?

Technically for Atlanta people we get an extra HD feed than everyone else with Braves home games, TBS OTA. ;)

BFG said:
They dropped the NFL GOTW week games this year.

Hi:
I am still getting the NFLNET game of the week and it was listed as HD last week. It is listed on the VOOM web site as channel 312 but it doesn't say if it is HD or not.

MasterFX1 said:
With the recent Press Release about VOOM growing to 70+ HD channels I thought it fun to compile a list of U.S. HD channels in operation that are not currently on VOOM. (I prefer to leave local and regional channels out of this list.)

I'll update this first post as data comes in. I do think part of the new channels will be more Cinema channels and PPV-HD's, but hey, it's the season, let's make our list...

Currently in Operation:
INHD
INHD2
HDnet
HDnet Movies
NBA-TV HD
NFL-TV HD (Game of the Week)
WEALTH TV

Distant Network Feeds:
CBS
ABC
FOX
WB
UPN
PBS|HD

Almost in Operation:
ESPN2-HD

Here in Las Vegas we get PBSHD OTA

jnardone said:
Hi:
I am still getting the NFLNET game of the week and it was listed as HD last week. It is listed on the VOOM web site as channel 312 but it doesn't say if it is HD or not.

Nope that's just the SD channhel, they aren't showing HD games.

I belive Chicago has a superstation WGN or something like that (ch 9) thart broadcasts in HD. I know directv delivers the SD version of this along with the TBS and WWOR superstations in SD only. So it would be nice to get WWOR and WGN in HD!!

I just hope they don't take the SD channels and run them through a scaler and call them HD.

Well, I say that, but if it would make some of the SD stations look better, that might not be such a bad thing.

Speaking of which, they're some really bad combing on some of the SD stations. Is that low bandwidth or bad deinterlacing?

JimP said:
Speaking of which, they're some really bad combing on some of the SD stations. Is that low bandwidth or bad deinterlacing?
I never watch SD, but after taking the upgrade today and swapping stb's between my HT & family room, I sat down and watched some VH1 and the red sparklies are still there, is this ever going to get fixed? I've been a Voom sub since March and they've been supposedly working on it since before then. :mad:

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
Here in Las Vegas we get PBSHD OTA
I get all the network OTA in HD. But Voom needs those distant network feeds. They would open up the entire country as a group of potential Voom customers.

IMO it is the single biggest move Voom could make!

As it stands now if you are out beyond the grade B reception contour and cant get OTA then voom isnt something you would chose. If Voom could supply those feeds then subscribership I think would really increase.

begin multicast rant:

The other thing about distant network feeds is that Voom could get them from a source that isnt multicasting and I bet it would beat the crap out of what many of us are watching OTA with subchannels reducing the bandwidth. My PBS station has 4 digital channels already and the HD is quite frankly garbage.

My ABC affialiate runs ABCnews now on one sd feed, an sd duplicate and a weather radar. Then to top it off they take the 720p feed or whats left of it and the morons convert it to 1080i?? You dont even want to think of what a kickoff or field goal looks like on MNF for me. LOL

Oh and the coup de gras.. NBC omg Lin broadcasting. sd weather radar station, sd duplicate, HD channel and heres the kicker a 24 hour sd weather news station that they cut into FOX's bandwidth because they own that station too!

end multicast rant:

I know I wouldnt qualify to recieve the distant network feeds but those that did would love the quality IMO. If Voom got them those with antennas would go from recieving the best Voom has to offer to the worst actually.(and dont think well, until HD LIL rolls around. Because that signal will be the same bandwidth starved signal your local affiliate is sending out now less reception issues) And those that wouldnt even think of getting Voom now because of no OTA would suddenly have an option of recieving the Best quality and comprehensive offering of HD available from any provider. As I see things playing out, the best way to get high quality HD PQ in a couple of years will be to move out in the woods somewhere and sign up for Voom or D* with all the distant network feeds, or live in an O&O territory. Kinda sad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)