hd channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I didn't say ONLY shut up (nice try); I said IF you think its really THAT BAD; just switch.. If you don't switch, then it must not be THAT BAD; then shut up (as in here) because WE here, can't change anything for you; there is no one at DirecTV (officially) on the board that can do anything to make "your" changes. No one need 100 threads all on the same thing; you flood the board where its hard to read the other topics. Maybe there needs to be a separate thread where you can air it out. Its like kids say "are we there yet; are we there yet;" guess what.... they are going to get there when they get there. So the people you are "playing broken records on" is us; the other end users; not those that can effect changes. After minor Q&A and discussion, I send my complaints, request and ideas to DIRECTV. I don't ask or repeat just to hear myself talk.

Last edited:
charper1 said:
I didn't say ONLY shut up (nice try); I said IF you think its really THAT BAD; just switch.. If you don't switch, then it must not be THAT BAD; then shut up (as in here) because WE here, can't change anything for you; there is no one at DirecTV (officially) on the board that can do anything to make "your" changes. No one need 100 threads all on the same thing; you flood the board where its hard to read the other topics. Maybe there needs to be a separate thread where you can air it out. Its like kids say "are we there yet; are we there yet;" guess what.... they are going to get there when they get there. So the people you are "playing broken records on" is us; the other end users; not those that can effect changes. After minor Q&A and discussion, I send my complaints, request and ideas to DIRECTV. I don't ask or repeat just to hear myself talk.

Boohoo broken records? Stop reading them. Grow up.

I wondered the same thing until I click on the link. After that, I could only say WTF...DTV you've dropped the ball.

A quick look at the link you posted shows that Comcast has a lot of HD, but mostly LIMITED.
While looking at D*'s listing, it appears that the ones they don't have, most of the others don't have as well, a few may, but most don't.

Thank You...you get it. DTV put the image out there as if they are the leader..even has a section on this site for CE (Cutting Edge)...how can DTV be CE when they are trailing behind AT&T in HD.

Soon they will be trailing behind cable. I was talking to Time Warner Cable (TW) Tech Support and was informed that TW is in middle of replacing all of their coax with fiber except at the house. This is the setup that AT&T Uverse has. They are fiber everywhere except at the house. They run coax from the box to the house.

As far as the guy that says switch...they don't offer Uverse in my neighborhood...yet. But there are some workers digging a trench and laying cable...I will go with who every provides the most 3D and HD channels.

If DTV claims to be the best, have their actions match their words.

When was the last time D* said they were the Leader in anything HD related, several years ago, because at the time they were...
Now they are touting the 3D stuff, they have 3 D while many others don't or very limited.

So TW is placing Fiber, finally, like you said, AT&T has done that from the start, so how does that make TW better than AT&T ? It doesn't.

You can look at all the prividers and find things that one company has that the other doesn't, thats easy...
You'll always be able to say D* doesn't have this or that, but you can say the same about the others as well.

NO Provider have EVERYTHING, you have to go with who is providing you with what you need most.

Anyway...I was wondering how cable was offering 3D TV when their bandwidth was tapped out with coax. Once I was informed that cable swapped out the coax with fiber...that explained everything. Most of cables actions to keep their customers from leaving makes sense.

Now I'm wondering who will be the first to goto 1080p broadcast. The 1080p vs 1080i broadcast is another funny story to me. It's all about dollars and cents.

Anyway...I was wondering how cable was offering 3D TV when their bandwidth was tapped out with coax. Once I was informed that cable swapped out the coax with fiber...that explained everything. Most of cables actions to keep their customers from leaving makes sense.

Your using a rather BROAD brush when saying Cable offers 3D using fiber.
There are tons of Cable Co.'s that are NOT using fiber near the homes, some are but very few at this point.
Who says thier bandwidth is tapped out, again, a very broad brush, some are, some not.... Many of the Cable Co's have went to what they call "Switched Cable now ... this saves a ton of bandwidth for them as instead of sending ALL the channels to your home, they are now sending ONLY the channels you request.

Now I'm wondering who will be the first to goto 1080p broadcast. The 1080p vs 1080i broadcast is another funny story to me. It's all about dollars and cents.

As far as the 1080i /1080p thing, need more specifics, are you talking NETWORKS (ABC,CBS,NBC,FOX) types or the USA, TNT, A&E type channels, it would take major money for the networks to do this as they would need new equipment at EVERY local station in order to provide it to all thier affiliates. Could they do the Top cities and say the hell with the others, sure, that could be done, but the expenses are HUGE to go 1080p and this just scratches the surface.

What good would it do for a cable or sat provider to go to 1080p when no broadcasters use it for their programming. There are no 1080p broadcasts available anywhere.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts