HD Channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

yammy750

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 13, 2006
Pittsburgh
After our last storm I lost my HD stations lost my signal for 20min, and had to call Direct TV again and they wanted to send out a tech to my house again. I was pissed off again, so i called and wanted to cancel my service so this guy said sure, and then I asked him if there was a fee and he said no then passed me to the cancellation dept. and he told me the same stuff, so then they shut me off as i was on the phone. So then I start looking at Dishnet work and see that they have 29 HD Stations all they time! When is D* going to add HD stations?

So any way I called to confirm everything the next day and they told me I owed $300 be caused I cancelled, anyway they turned me back on. So when will we see more HD stations?

yammy750 said:
After our last storm I lost my HD stations lost my signal for 20min, and had to call Direct TV again and they wanted to send out a tech to my house again. I was pissed off again, so i called and wanted to cancel my service so this guy said sure, and then I asked him if there was a fee and he said no then passed me to the cancellation dept. and he told me the same stuff, so then they shut me off as i was on the phone. So then I start looking at Dishnet work and see that they have 29 HD Stations all they time! When is D* going to add HD stations?

So any way I called to confirm everything the next day and they told me I owed $300 be caused I cancelled, anyway they turned me back on. So when will we see more HD stations?
Once the rest of the Sat's are up and working.
They are adding things from time to time before hand, like ALL the RSN's will be up shortly.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Wait a minute,

You lost your signal during a storm for 20 mins, picked up the phone and cancelled?

I lose my signal during storms. Especially the gulley washers we've had over the last 2 weeks. 15-20 mins at a time.

And this is D*'s fault how?

Additionally, you've been around the boards and have been participating, You didn't see the numerous threads regarding D*'s plans?

My post count may not much so, I apologize for answering a rant with a mini rant but, holy cow!

The funny things about storms is if they are bad enough to knock sat service, then you should be questioning whether or not you should be watching TV. I know some folks have dishes not aligned well or have poor signals where they live but for me its gotta be a pretty bad storm. At that point I am shutting things down!!

I guess some of you have not seen my other posts! I have been having problems since I got D*, I did have E* before and I guess I should have stayed with them!

But the people on the phone told me to leave and come back at the time! So they pissed me off and I left, but I did not have any problem with E* during a storm! All I can say is I can not wait until December of next year I will be canceling this crap!

yammy750 said:
I guess some of you have not seen my other posts! I have been having problems since I got D*, I did have E* before and I guess I should have stayed with them!

But the people on the phone told me to leave and come back at the time! So they pissed me off and I left, but I did not have any problem with E* during a storm! All I can say is I can not wait until December of next year I will be canceling this crap!
I guess, my question would be...
How tight is your dish pointed, if it is right on, the best possible, then I would say if your loosing signal everytime it rains then you have a problem.
If you are getting "gully washers" as mentioned earlier and losing signal thats another thing.
People have to realize that weather conditions are not something D* can control.
Unless you have the ability to make sure that storm clouds do not block your path to the sat's, you will invariably loose your signal from time to time.

I kinda like it when my sat's goes out, because it's normally a signalthat in about 20 minutes it is going to really hit hard here, seeing the sat's are to the southwest and our storms normally come from that direction, normally it's out for a few minutes and generally back on and I am watching when the storm does get here.

I love to watch a good storm :)

Jimbo

Jimbos,
I have absolutely nothing to add here except that I live in Columbus and noticed your OSU banner waving in the breeze. And to think that I liked you and your posts in the past. So Jimbos, this one is for you.

" WE ARE" "PENN STATE" !!!!!!!!

FlyingJ said:
Jimbos,
I have absolutely nothing to add here except that I live in Columbus and noticed your OSU banner waving in the breeze. And to think that I liked you and your posts in the past. So Jimbos, this one is for you.

Welcome to the "Buckeye State" Flying J !!!
How is it, you live in "Buckeye Country " and root for PSU ?

Jimbo

Like Colin Cowherd's caller said :
Moroney's comming !!!!
Who is Moroney, Is he the next Morino out of Pennsylvania ?

Jimbo

FlyingJ said:
Jimbos,
I live in Columbus and noticed your OSU banner waving in the breeze.

"Waving in the Breeze"

Just like defenders trying to catch up with Ted Ginn, and ND's defense too !!!

Jimbo

Grew up in Columbus, from Philly, Penn State grad (82). Yup that whole Cowherd Morelli thing was funny as hell! Watch out though...the offense is the real deal. I see the Luckeyes are number 1. First 4 weeks of the season are gonna be something else! Bucks/Texas and PSU/ND in week 2. Bucks/PSU week 4. Sure wish that game was in Happy Valley again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts