HD Cinema (103): Mad Max 6pm & 10pm EST

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
B00005R2IS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Summary: The Road Warrior is already a classic, sans condescending genre distinctions like "sci-fi" or "action." But the story of Mel Gibson's stately antihero begins in Mad Max, George Miller's low-budget debut in which Max is a "Bronze" (cop) in an unspecified postapocalyptic future with a buddy-partner and family. But unlike most films set in the devastated future, Mad Max is especially notable because it is poised between our industrialized world and total regression to medieval conditions. The scale tips towards disintegration when the Glory Riders burn into town on their bikes like an overamped cadre of Brando's Wild Ones. Representing the active chaos that will eventually overwhelm the dying vestiges of civil society, they take everything dear to Max, who will exact due revenge. His flight into the same wilds that created the villains artfully sets up the morally ambiguous character of the subsequent films. --Alan E. Rapp

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I just can't trust the PG to try and plan on watching this. Also, this is nt nearly as good as Road Warrior, but much better than Thunderdome, imo

Hopefully they can air Road Warrior in the near future as well, who knows follow up with a few showings of Thunderdome, these are relatively older movies and should be easy to secure some rights to it.

Ever since someone mentioned on these forums for Kung-Fu flicks in HD, I've been seriously hoping Voom can swing it.

Road Warrior was the best out of the three Mad Max movies...but the main thing here is that the Cin 10 is slowly improving its offering of movies.

It was quite good.

P.S. If someone has the DVD 2:35:1, you can do a comparison of some scenes to see how bad it was cropped or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)