HD Cinema Subtitles & OAR Comment

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
As we have seen the improvement of HD Cinema, I like to give you the heads up on the following: (this information comes from the highest level of people asking for the movies and playing the HD Cinema movies)

(1) Any movie in HD Cinema that is dubbed is because the originator of the movie has only one version without subtitles.

(2) All new (titles) movies will be presented in OAR unless the originator of the movies does not have an OAR version.

(3) Any (title) movie, in the past, that was not presented in OAR, WILL NOT be presented in OAR.

Number three seems like a weird one. I'm not even an OAR junkie and I thought of a exception to that one instantly. The Professional was presented pillar-boxed first, and then later in OAR. Do they mean starting now? If so, why? You mean they'd actually turn down an OAR version of a movie if it was offered to them just because they have a rule about movies they've already aired? Doesn't make any sense.

I think we can start with 1/1/05. Any new titles after 1/1/05 will be presented in OAR. Anything obtained before 1/1/05 and was not OAR, will not.

The Professional was presented OAR 1:33:1 but it was the wrong version 2:35:1. The policie before 1/1/05 was to present everything 16x9 now they are presenting the new titles in their OAR.

The way it works is that you keep a library of movies that you paid for in the HD transfer. So any movies that they have in their libraries, they have already paid for the HD transfer. There's a fee (I assume) that you pay to air the movie at a certain time for a certain period of time but you would not request the HD Transfer once again because they already have it in their library. In order to get those non-oar titles, they will have to re-pay the original fee.

Thanks for the info on the dubs, I personally rather watch my kung-fu/world cinema in it's original language track and subtitles than a different voice probably screwing up the inflection and tone half the time but saying it in English.

I'd like to see more of KUNGFU HD movies subtitled in english instead of dubbed in the most unintelligible :confused: , funny :haha and bad :no way in english.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)