HD Closed Captioning

papayazz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
canby
Has anybody else had problems with the CC on the HD channels? I get CLOSED CAPTIONING on some of the HD channels but FOX, ABC,TNT,A&E and a few others don't have CC. When I call in they act as if this is something new,I've been calling since July'06. They have told me if I wanted CC then watch the analog channels until this is fixed. I don't think this is the best way to keep customers happy.

Has anybody else had problems with the CC on the HD channels? I get CLOSED CAPTIONING on some of the HD channels but FOX, ABC,TNT,A&E and a few others don't have CC. When I call in they act as if this is something new,I've been calling since July'06. They have told me if I wanted CC then watch the analog channels until this is fixed. I don't think this is the best way to keep customers happy.
It's typical for the CSRs not to have a clue about CC. This has been an on-going battle for me for several months.

For a short while, all the HD LiLs began to show CC. Then ABC and NBC dropped out. Now CBS and FOX are no longer displaying the captioning. This is a Dish problem, not the network or the network feeds. I'm hoping the new updates to the ViP 622 will resolve this.

"This is a Dish problem, not the network or the network feeds. I'm hoping the new updates to the ViP 622 will resolve this."

You're correct about this. I just hope they fix this problem too.

"This is a Dish problem, not the network or the network feeds. I'm hoping the new updates to the ViP 622 will resolve this."

You're correct about this. I just hope they fix this problem too.

Randall -

I have been having this problem for quite a while with my old 522. Loved that Heavenly equipment but the CC sucked on it. I called Dish more times than I care to count and each and every time..they act like its my problem. I finally just quit 522 and went back to 501 where I knew CC worked. My Pop-in-Law has a 522 and every time we go visit..CC always problematic.

Im getting ready to order 622 for my new finished basement...I can only hope CC will be fixed come summer or fall!

Randall -

Im getting ready to order 622 for my new finished basement...I can only hope CC will be fixed come summer or fall!
Generally the 622 does a good job with CC. All SD captioning is acceptable. It's the HD local captioning that's at issue. My difficulty has been with the lack of understanding on the part whomever I've had communications.

I've e-mailed the CEO address, received a phone call and offered explainations that show a lack of research ("the networks do not provide captioning on their HD feeds"). I'm old enough to tell them that their response is incorrect and to find better infomation.

I've also received (at least from one rep.) a call back to apologize for bad information after my admonishment.

It's obvious that captioning is a low priority issue for Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)