HD dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jessekat

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
So I've been all over this forum looking for my answer, I apologize in advance if I've missed it. I'm still trying to decide how to go about getting the best deal for my buck.
I don't think I can afford hd right now with the 200 package. So my question is this, do I ask for the dish with hd capability and does anyone know if it will incur additional charges?

I want to do the dishstore.net deal, tried to get my answer today, but the guy didn't really seem interested in helping me out. Matter of fact, he didn't seem interested in signing me up:mad:

Jess

So I've been all over this forum looking for my answer, I apologize in advance if I've missed it. I'm still trying to decide how to go about getting the best deal for my buck.
I don't think I can afford hd right now with the 200 package. So my question is this, do I ask for the dish with hd capability and does anyone know if it will incur additional charges?

I want to do the dishstore.net deal, tried to get my answer today, but the guy didn't really seem interested in helping me out. Matter of fact, he didn't seem interested in signing me up:mad:

Jess

Depending on your location, you may only need to get a new receiver, not a new dish. If you BUY your own VIP211 or VIP622 AND you subscribe to locals AND the locals are available in HD for your city....you will get these HD channels from Dish at no extra cost. In addition, if you can receive local stations Over The Air with an antenna and these stations broadcast in HD, you can tune them in as well with either the VIP211 or the VIP622 at no extra cost.

As for any of the satellite/cable channels in the HD package, you will still have to pay for them whether you own or lease your receiver. (Except when there are free preview weekends).

John

First question - do you have an HD TV ?

PS The usual problem that have newbies have is they do not give enough details of a) their full situation b) specifically what they are looking for.

Depending on your location, you may only need to get a new receiver, not a new dish. If you BUY your own VIP211 or VIP622 AND you subscribe to locals AND the locals are available in HD for your city....you will get these HD channels from Dish at no extra cost. In addition, if you can receive local stations Over The Air with an antenna and these stations broadcast in HD, you can tune them in as well with either the VIP211 or the VIP622 at no extra cost.

As for any of the satellite/cable channels in the HD package, you will still have to pay for them whether you own or lease your receiver. (Except when there are free preview weekends).

John

Thanks for the info John. I'm in CA bay area and we have a fair amount of hd channels, something I learned from this forum. I would love to own, but I think lease is in my future.

Jess

What's an enabling fee?

Jess
$6 per month. :)

So, if you are looking to just stick with CBS, NBC, ABC and FOX HD channels (and whatever else similar might be broadcast over the air), and you want AT200, then you can get the "Free ViP622 HD DVR" deal for new customers. That receiver records over the air HD as well as satellite HD channels.

Remember that network HD is only prime time.

Once you get a taste for HD, a simple call to Dish (and $14 more per month) will get you a bunch of 24 hour HD channels, of which Discovery HD Theater and HD-Net are the best (both in content and quality). There is also an HD music channel called "Rave' (although the music on the channel is not "Rave" music, I'm not sure why they used the name).

By the way, all this stuff is on www.dishnetwork.com

First question - do you have an HD TV ?

PS The usual problem that have newbies have is they do not give enough details of a) their full situation b) specifically what they are looking for.

Yes I do have an hd tv, just got it. Sorry I forgot to mention that. My situation is this. I have comcast at the moment and I'm going to switch over to *E so I may soon use my new tv to fullest extend. I really want hd, but right now it's not in my budget, so to defray cost later on down the road, I was asking if I should get the dish/receiver for hd now and just add the programing later on. I also would like to add hd to my hdpvr.

Right now I'm looking at getting the 200 pkg I really don't need a dvr, but it looks like the 622 is the best receiver out there. I'm also interested in getting the 5lnb (is that right?) I eventually want to hook up four rooms. I hope I've cleared some things up.

Jess

$6 per month. :)

So, if you are looking to just stick with CBS, NBC, ABC and FOX HD channels (and whatever else similar might be broadcast over the air), and you want AT200, then you can get the "Free ViP622 HD DVR" deal for new customers. That receiver records over the air HD as well as satellite HD channels.

Remember that network HD is only prime time.

Once you get a taste for HD, a simple call to Dish (and $14 more per month) will get you a bunch of 24 hour HD channels, of which Discovery HD Theater and HD-Net are the best (both in content and quality). There is also an HD music channel called "Rave' (although the music on the channel is not "Rave" music, I'm not sure why they used the name).

By the way, all this stuff is on www.dishnetwork.com

Thanks for the reminder. I'd forgotten that locals are hd only prime time.

Well the enabling did kind of throw me. :) but I'll do more research over at their website. Thanks for all your help!

Jess

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)