HD DNS service

Status
Please reply by conversation.

David St

Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
I live in southeastern Ohio and get SD locals from Charleston,WV. They do not broadcast in HD. I called D about getting national HD DNS service but was told that since I can get locals, I cannot get HD DNS. Is that correct? When I go to the web site and type in my address and zip (45701), it says that I am not eligible for SD DNS but am eligible for HD DNS. Am I confused or is the csr?:confused:

It depends on your local networks.You can call again and see if it was just an underskilled CSR.If it says your eligible,then you should be able to get 1 HD DNS.

When you call the CSR again, you will need to fill out the petition to receive them. It will then go to your local channels to approve. Don't get your hopes up, I live in the Dayton, OH area and have a very shaky OTA HD signal and was instantly declined for mine.

If you used this DirecTV online form and it shows that you are eligible for one or more of the HD network feeds then you should be able to get them immediately. If they show a class A or B signal then you would have to get DirecTV to submit waiver requests for those feeds which may take 45 days to be approved or disapproved. It's just a matter of getting a CSR who knows what they are doing and understands what you want. I had SD locals available but no HD locals. The form showed that I was eligible for three out of four networks which I got the same day that I called. There is no extra charge if you subscribe to the HD access package.

Hi, I called another CSR, and got all 4 networks without a hitch. She looked up my address and saw that the area had been preapproved. She turned them on as we talked. So far I have been a D customer for 24 hours, have called csr two times and been very impressed with their ability to help.

Call and ask for the HD DNS Qualification Department. They are the only ones who know how to handle this. First-tier CSRs are ususally afraid not to say "No" because there are so few people who are eligible.

I'm in the same DMA and got NY DNS automatically, once I got in touch with the right people at D*.

I live in Ashland and have had DNS since 2001. I had to get waivers for some of them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)