HD DNS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

J45p3r

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2004
Our local Fox channel in Bangor, Maine (WFVX) is low power. Somehow, the area I'm in is listed as receiving a "Class B" signal for this station. It's BS, no one in the area can even see static for this station even using rooftop antennas. The affiliate is partnered with the local ABC station as well (WVII) and they simulcast the Fox channel on their digital station (7.2) in SD (WFVX broadcasts in only SD because they are low power (apparently)). Trouble is WVII isn't broadcasting their digital station at full power. I can receive them OTA in analog, but not digital.

So, D* now offers the Bangor Locals for me. This is nice, they are SD only for the time being, which is part of the reason I installed a rooftop antenna. The other reason is that the Fox, CBS and ABC locals on D* have horrible audio sync issues.

Do I have any options for receiving Fox in HD out of New York? The local affiliate apparently has a blanket policy to deny all waivers which is incredibly frustrating. I'm assuming starting in February my local ABC will go full power on their digital broadcast which I will then get OTA. I can wait for that, no prob. What won't change is the fact that I still won't be able to get Fox in HD.

I hope this makes sense, thanks for listening.

If the affilate denies the waivers, there isn't much that can be done to get the DNS.

The audio sync issues is something that DirecTV is aware of and working on. There is an equipment problem at the uplink center. I've heard nothing as far as ETA.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/156027-bangor-me-locals.html

you may want to PM Sundude90 to see if he is still having issues, it's been a month or so.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)