HD DVD #1 and #2 selling DVD players at Amazon

Morals. You are letting people who dont speak for a format deter you. I can feel ya if your boycotting a company because they use slave labor or whatever, but this is a little out there.

Dropping HD movies at this point would be like me turning in my HR20 for a R15, aint gonna happen.

I bought the Toshiba taking the chance that it may not make the cut and it lost so now I am waiting on the movies to start selling cheap because why not get the movies as cheap as you can get them.. I was going to buy the PS3 player but after reading elwaylite report on his Panasonic bd30 it looks like thats the way to go with the blue ray player.. Cya Slick

I bought the Toshiba taking the chance that it may not make the cut and it lost so now I am waiting on the movies to start selling cheap because why not get the movies as cheap as you can get them.. I was going to buy the PS3 player but after reading elwaylite report on his Panasonic bd30 it looks like thats the way to go with the blue ray player.. Cya Slick
I'd stay away from the BD30. As per CNET "BD30 has no internal decoding for Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD High Resolution, or DTS-HD Master Audio." so unless you have the very newest handfull of receivers you can't listen to Hi-Def audio on your BD:confused:. What the heck were they thinking??? Plus no internet connectivity, hmmm wasn't this player suppose to be 1.1. Also performed only OK with upconverting standard def content(The CNET reviewer in the video called its upconverting abilities 'disappointing'). So if your like me and have a huge library of DVDs and was looking forward to seeing them at near HD quaility and not wanting to re-buy the same title again in hi-def, you might want to stay away from this player.

For $500 don't you think you should get a little more.

Last edited:
I'd stay away from the BD30. As per CNET "BD30 has no internal decoding for Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD High Resolution, or DTS-HD Master Audio." so unless you have the very newest handfull of receivers you can't listen to Hi-Def audio on your BD:confused:. What the heck were they thinking??? Plus no internet connectivity, hmmm wasn't this player suppose to be 1.1. Also performed only OK with upconverting standard def content(The CNET reviewer in the video called its upconverting abilities 'disappointing'). So if your like me and have a huge library of DVDs and was looking forward to seeing them at near HD quaility and not wanting to re-buy the same title again in hi-def, you might want to stay away from this player.

hmmm, 2.0 requires internet connection. :rolleyes:

You lost all credibility when you used CNET as a reviewing source.

It beats the PS3 in BD PQ and upconverting, Im using my eyes not CNET.

BTW, its thought the reason they did not add internal audio decoding was for speed. The BD30 is darn near as fast as my PS3.

I will :D on my HT... Sometimes you have to have morals and take a stand ;) Mine is here no BD in this house... I have DishHD and DirectHD along with HD DVD... good enough for me...(And to quote someone :D Thats All I have to say about that !) ;)

Great post dfergie. :up

time to dump the trash and screw people over that don't know the war is over, sux 2 be the people that are buying an HD-DVD player, and they will come to realize why there are more BD movies, players, and advertisement than Toshiba in few months in their local retailers.
It be funny to see customers go into BB and try to buy an HD-DVD movie and then the retailer telling them, wtf is that? HD-DVD is discontinued, please visit the clearance rack in the back side of the store.
Discontinued? really??

Jan 22, 2008

More...

Jan 29, 2008

More...

Feb 5, 2008

More...

Feb 12, 2008 & Beyond

Amazon curently lists 522 HD DVD products for sale. Thats quite the clearance rack. Amazon.com: HD DVD: Action & Adventure, Drama, Comedy, Science Fiction & Fantasy, Mystery & Suspense, Horror & More

Yes looks like a loser to me. Gotta be a real misinformed sucker to drop $500 on this one.

hmmm, 2.0 requires internet connection. :rolleyes:

You lost all credibility when you used CNET as a reviewing source.

It beats the PS3 in BD PQ and upconverting, Im using my eyes not CNET.

BTW, its thought the reason they did not add internal audio decoding was for speed. The BD30 is darn near as fast as my PS3.

Who gives a damm about the speed if you can't internally decode Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD High Resolution, or DTS-HD Master Audio. The previous Panasonic model could save DTS-HD Master Audio.

Oh beating the PS3 for upconverting means nothing since its universally accepted that the PS3 is horrible at upconverting.

Once again a BD fanboy making excuses for BD short comings. I'd know your postings even if I wasn't allowed to see your name. This is your tactic to sweep under the rug all the flaws of BD, unstead of stepping up like a man and admit it. Not make excuses for it like(get ready to laugh): "BTW, its thought the reason they they did not add internal audio decoding was for speed". Did you notice the backdoor you built with "its thought".

We could care less your feelings about CNET, a fact is a fact and you have to swallow the fact that one of the few so called 1.1 BD players has many short comings. Doesn't matter who states it weither it be CNET of George Bush a fact is a fact. What good is it to use your eyes if your eyes only see blu.

Who gives a damm about the speed if you can't internally decode Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD High Resolution, or DTS-HD Master Audio. The previous Panasonic model could save DTS-HD Master Audio.

Oh beating the PS3 for upconverting means nothing since its universally accepted that the PS3 is horrible at upconverting.

HDDVD fanboy hearing what he wants to hear

:sleeo

Now this is funny.

People have been pissing on BD for a looooooooooooong time here and other forums, now the shoe is on the other foot, people cant hack it. Comments like going back to VHS are borderline idiotic.

My favorite team did not make it to the playoffs because of a bad call! Im going to stomp my feet and start watching competition knitting :river

You enjoy that VHS tape, Ill enjoy my HD movies :haha

Somehow, I think you are missing the point. :rolleyes:

Like dfergie, I will watch all of the HD I want, on my HD DVD player, on Dish HD and in the 1TB archive of HD films I have. I just don't have DirecTV.... yet ;) (If I could convince my wife to let me have both, I'd get it long before I go blu).

Somehow, I think you are missing the point. :rolleyes:

Like dfergie, I will watch all of the HD I want, on my HD DVD player, on Dish HD and in the 1TB archive of HD films I have. I just don't have DirecTV.... yet ;) (If I could convince my wife to let me have both, I'd get it long before I go blu).

Yepp, Im missing the point.

I thought the whole movement was about enjoying movies in HD? Main reason why I ended up buying both. Now that there is a light at the end of the tunnel in this whole mess, the guys that stuck to the losing side are stomping off into the dvd sunset.

Does not make much sense to me, but hey, you guys enjoy that HD sat programming, those few HDDVD movies you can get, and Ill enjoy my BD player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts