HD DVD and BD fight to a draw.

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
That's interesting. The Star Tribune once had an article recommending its users adopt HD-DVD first when players dropped to $300 then rent their movies.

Sound Advice: HD DVD worth trying at $299

They don't have BusinessWeek's history of always siding with Blu-Ray. (To the Blubloods, I'm serious. BusinessWeek predicted HD-DVD's death 6 months after Paramount went neutral! :rolleyes: )

I do not see how you buy the player but rent the discs you convince any studio to support, switch or go nuetral. How do the studios make money that way?

I do not see how you buy the player but rent the discs you convince any studio to support, switch or go nuetral. How do the studios make money that way?
I don't see how its my job to convince a studio to do anything. I just wish they would put out an HD DVD burner. AS soon as the burners and media come down in price I wont be buying any more discs of either format ;)

I don't see how its my job to convince a studio to do anything. I just wish they would put out an HD DVD burner. AS soon as the burners and media come down in price I wont be buying any more discs of either format ;)

There is no real motivation to move up to HD-DVD or Blue. At least for the general public.

Most people are very happy with up converts.

Price on HD will have to become equal to current DVD players/ media to break the 10% market share.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)