HD DVD Bargains!

I hope they have improved.

S~

Yeah, Warner had some problems. They apparently changed processing / distributing companies in August and didn't ship for 3 weeks in Aug./early Sept, which resulted in a big backlog for processing orders. I ended canceling an order for Sept. 18 & 25 releases. But, I saw posts that orders were being shipped fairly quickly now, so a week & a half ago I decided to "test" them by pre-ordering Blade Runner & Pan's Labyrinth December releases, and threw in Viva Las Vegas to get the total over $50 for free shipping. I placed the order over the weekend and Elvis showed up on my doorstep the following Friday. :p

Their website it very Firefox-unfriendly. Is there some alternate link that might list their titles? I can't even see what they've got for sale.

I use Firefox, and also use the Flashblock add-in to block all the Flash advertisements unless I really want to see them by clicking the "F" icon blocking them. The link I gave was for their "high bandwidth" portal. You need to click the "Browse Titles" to navigate alphabetically by title. Here's a link the their "low bandwidth" portal, but it's still very "flash happy".

Last edited:
Saw this on the Black Friday web site so I am passing the info on.

Deep Discount is currently offering 20% off ALL DVDs including HD-DVDs and Blu-Ray movies by using the coupon code DDAF. This is a great deal for anyone planning on purchasing any DVDs this holiday season. With the 20% off, Deep Discount is offering the lowest prices on the following DVDs (all prices are after 20% discount):

James Bond Ultimate DVD Collector’s Set (includes all 21 James Bond movies) - $143.91 (compared to $250 at Tower Records)

Planet Earth: The Complete Collection (HD-DVD) - $53.48 (compared to $66.95 on Amazon)

Planet Earth: The Complete Collection (Blu-Ray) - $53.48 (compared to $66.95 on Amazon)

Spider-Man - The High Definition Trilogy (includes all 3 Spider Man movies) (Blu-Ray) - $51.88 (compared to $62.95 on Amazon)

The Adventures of Indiana Jones - $23.11 (compared to $32.99 on Amazon)

Remember to get the 20% discount, you must enter the coupon code DDAF on your My Cart page. All DVDs qualify for free USPS Shipping. The coupon code is valid once per customer. Coupon expires November 25, 2007.

I finally got the Indiana Trilogy.:)

Amazon HD DVD Sale

Amazon is having 47% Discount sale on a limited number of Universal titles -

Titles for $15.99 include:
Shaun of the Dead
Pitch Black
The Hulk
Dawn of the Dead
The Deer Huner

Titles for $18.49 include:
U-571
Van Helsing
Friday Night Lights
Assault on Precinct 13

There's many more, I'm too lazy to list 'em all. :p

Use this link, it includes the referral from SatelliteGuys, which will generate a small commission for them at no additional cost to you.

Good deal. Thanks. I'm not too much into buying because there just aren't too many movies that have a lot of replay potential for me. However, I think I might be able to find three from this sale's selection (not your typical titles): Christmas Vacation, The Breakfast Club, and The Wild Bunch. Other titles in this sale are certainly very good and would be considered "better movies", but if I'm going to buy it then it has to have replay possibilities and not be good for just one showing. Unfortunately few movies really work out to have much of that for me, but the three above are maybes. Thanks!

Any word on a coupon code for Warner for December?

They need to get more creative. The code for November - NVBM- was in a "Happy birthday" email they sent me. So, I'm thinking "No Vember Birthday Month" . . . . hmmm, I wonder if December could be "De Cember Birthday Month"?

DCBM it is - I tried it and it works. :p

They need to get more creative. The code for November - NVBM- was in a "Happy birthday" email they sent me. So, I'm thinking "No Vember Birthday Month" . . . . hmmm, I wonder if December could be "De Cember Birthday Month"?

You're a genius.

S~

Ha! Good work. That's hilarious...

Toys R Us has the Xbox 360 HD DVD add on for $129 with free shipping. Amazon had it too, but now it is back up to $179. This is a great deal for anyone looking to get into HD DVD on the cheap.

This drive is said to work with a PC also.

Toys R Us has the Xbox 360 HD DVD add on for $129 with free shipping. Amazon had it too, but now it is back up to $179. This is a great deal for anyone looking to get into HD DVD on the cheap.

This drive is said to work with a PC also.

You can probably find an A2 or A3 around the same price, and aren't there features the Xbox Add-on doesn't do (not to mention those of us who would never buy an Xbox for any reason :))? I don't remember for sure, I just thought I read that somewhere..... I'll try to find something a little more solid and post it.

If you believe Joe, it doesn't do high resolution audio.
If you attach it to an HTPC - it does everything (it's just a drive, for Pete's sake!)

Diogen.

Fair enough. Maybe I was thinking that it doesn't do certain features when used (as designed) with a 360.

Wasn't there something about the internet features, too? Or am I really imagining that part?

Two sets of deals -- refurbs at Amazon and new w/ free movies at Wally World

At Amazon

A35 for $324

hd-dvd | Warehouse Deals: Used and Refurbished from Amazon

Super secret (but not that great of a deal) sale at Wal-Mart tomorrow morning

Toshiba A3 with 12 free HD-DVD's for $298. I don't know if that includes the 5 free or if it's in addition to.

That A3 deal is for 2 pack-ins inside the box (300 & Bourne Identity) +5 free in store (any title in stock under $30), and the 5 free mail-in rebate.

WM is also offering the A2 for $198 with 10 free HD DVDs -5 free in store under $30, plus the 5 free mail-in rebate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)