HD DVD cut backs?

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Interesting comment at the end of this article:

"...Blu-ray movies, however, continue to outsell HD DVD, and retailers have already begun cutting back on HD DVD inventory and not offer some of the more obscure new releases."

I wonder where the author got that info? Anybody else reporting the same?

Meanwhile, Amazon is reporting 322 Blu-ray discs and 289 HD DVD discs. I'll bet by Xmas they'll be going tooth and nail- price wars! Aw, shucks, hurt me hurt me! ;)

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Interesting comment at the end of this article:

"...Blu-ray movies, however, continue to outsell HD DVD, and retailers have already begun cutting back on HD DVD inventory and not offer some of the more obscure new releases."

I wonder where the author got that info? Anybody else reporting the same?

Meanwhile, Amazon is reporting 322 Blu-ray discs and 289 HD DVD discs. I'll bet by Xmas they'll be going tooth and nail- price wars! Aw, shucks, hurt me hurt me! ;)

I know my BB and CC don't stock some of the titles in either format. Not that I would buy from them anyways. I go through Amazon, free two day shipping, order on the weekend, on my doorstep Tuesday.

S~

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
That author needs to give an example of an obscure title. heck the non-hd dvd of that same movie might not be stocked either.

As for what I see locally. Wal-mart stocks MORE hd-dvd than BD. BB and CC stock about the same. CC even has a HD-DVD section now(they used to have them just tossed in with the dvds).

Other local stores. Target is about equal (bad selection to begin with). Meijer doesn't seem to know what to do with either format. Every week they are in a new spot, sometimes together, sometimes separate. They do have many more HD-DVD titles than BD though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)