HD-DVD exec scoffs at Warner's consumer has decided excuse

allargon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
Austin, TX
Waiting on Toshiba - Media Wonk - Blog on ContentAgenda.com - 1500000150

HD DVD backers at CES expressed deep frustration over Warner’s move, not only because it could mean their side looses but because they still have grave doubts about Blu-ray.

“None of the facts have changed,” one studio exec said. “The problems that existed [with Blu-ray] in December still exist. They didn’t go away because Warner changed sides.”

Among those, in the exec’s view, are disc manufacturing constraints, high costs and high consumer prices.
“I think the days of falling prices are over,” another studio exec said. “The hardware is going to be $300, and discs are going to be $27. We’ll see if the consumer buys it.”

They also don’t buy Warner’s stated reason for its move: a purported clear consumer preference for Blu-ray evident in sales data and consumer research from the fourth quarter.

“What consumers?” one HD DVD exec asked, sarcastically. “The numbers aren’t there to show a preference.”

One non-studio HD DVD backer offered a bet that, come Dec. 31, 2008, the numbers still won’t be there for Blu-ray, even if Toshiba were to fold tomorrow.

Sore losers!.....They didn't think that whe they paid off Paramount/Dreamworks did they!? I bet you come June/July when no more support from Warner takes effect, you will see Blu-Ray numbers increase!!! It will be the next standard!

BTW: Vurbano your wrong too!

“I think the days of falling prices are over,” another studio exec said. “The hardware is going to be $300, and discs are going to be $27. We’ll see if the consumer buys it.”

Aren't MSRP's of Toshiba's 1080p players $300 and up? And certainly their disks hover around $27 if not higher, similar to Blu-rays. Prices will go down with greater demand now that the format war ended. Warner is a major international company. I think they knew what they were doing and what was at stake.

Yep. And hardware is going to be $300? Forever? For 6 months? Electronic products always go down in price, why should it be different now? And his comment about the problems in December, are problems he fantasizes. That's a big part of why HD DVD lost. They put out propaganda, and believed it. Always the exaggerations, the use of outdated info, the mountains out of molehills. His very response will no doubt appear to most people as pathetic.

There are many Blu-ray plants under construction. I think there's about to be a boom in further construction. They'll keep up with demand.

I love HD DVD's I always have preferred them, but I also like BD. HD DVD groups comments are starting to really make me root for BD. Their press releases are pathetic sounding. Reminds me of high school drama over relationships
"Dude, I heard she dumped your ass!",
"no, I dumped her, she's just trying to save face, it's no big deal though"
Secretly
"Please baby, come back, I'm sorry, I'll change"
"leave me alone"
"You bitch, you'll be sorry"

I love HD DVD's I always have preferred them, but I also like BD. HD DVD groups comments are starting to really make me root for BD. Their press releases are pathetic sounding. Reminds me of high school drama over relationships
"Dude, I heard she dumped your ass!",
"no, I dumped her, she's just trying to save face, it's no big deal though"
Secretly
"Please baby, come back, I'm sorry, I'll change"
"leave me alone"
"You bitch, you'll be sorry"

LOL :D
In few months the market will only lean towards Blu-ray.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)