HD DVD may be dying but it looks like they might take Bluray with them

Okay, I see how you guys are going to play this out. HD-DVD lost so because HD-DVD can't win neither can BD. Talk about SORE LOSERS!!

Here let me help you out, early adopters to a technology HAVE MONEY!! They not only HAVE MONEY they SPEND IT!!

NEWS FLASH!!!! Early adopters buy more new tech when it first comes out and then replace their equipment at a FAR GREATER RATE then J6P.

SO, and lets just spell this out for you folks who DON'T HAVE MONEY--early adopters buy the new tech at a much higher price and usually replace that equipment BEFORE J6P jumps into a market.

So get over yourselves -- HD-DVD LOST! BluRay will now become the HDM on disc delivery system and you can either get on board or try pathetically to explain how an upconverted 480p signal is superrior to a 1080p signal. Toshiba is already trying that one on for size -- and it does not fit!!

...lets just spell this out for you folks who DON'T HAVE MONEY--early adopters buy the new tech at a much higher price and usually replace that equipment BEFORE J6P jumps into a market.
Wanted to save this for posterity before you edited it out. Will be returning to it in due time...
Comparing those that DON'T HAVE MONEY with those that DON'T HAVE BRAINS, for example...

Diogen.

Wanted to save this for posterity before you edited it out. Will be returning to it in due time...
Comparing those that DON'T HAVE MONEY with those that DON'T HAVE BRAINS, for example...

Diogen.

I believe the DON'T HAVE BRAINS is your addition. I did not make any referance to your conclusion - that sir is all on you. My statement was about all the whining and the direction that whining is taking. My feeling is alot of folks that supported HD-DVD are now posting HDM disc based media does not have a future which is so far from the truth it is funny. But, lets play the game some more: Here is the new HD-DVD fanboy cry:

1) Even if BD has won they can't win because NOW HDM disc based media does not have a future.

2) Players are too expensive (I guess folks really do believe that $98 is the right price for new technology)

3) Sony is involved (kind of like saying that if M$ is involved the venture will fail? Who here is blind?)

4) Sony paid so much that now there is no way they can make money and BD will fail. And what about the other BDA partners -- are they poor too?

5) I have yet to see $40 movies and have not paid $30 for a movie but lets go along with this -- A HD-DVD Combo selling for $35 was worth it but a BD selling at $29.99 is not?

Money referance is because if you are going to refer to early adopters (I am not the one doing this here) it is important to remember that those early adopters are the ones who overpay for the technology (mainly for two reasons - They can afford it and they want it) that in turn gets the production, developement and delivery costs down to a point where J6P can afford it. Without early adopters no new technology would be able to survive.

If you want to whine, then whine -- don't hide behind this bs. HD-DVD lost so make up your mind -- are you for owning your HDM or not? Simple question -- should not be hard to answer.

Here I will start, if HD-DVD had of won -- tonight there would of been an A30 in my HT rack. No crying, no fussing, just would've gone out and bought one and put it in there. And then I would of started buying HD-DVD movies. Didn't happen so there is not an A30 in my rack nor will there now be one. In case you have not guessed -- I like to own my HDM. I am not into renting the cow -- so to speak.

Last edited:
Okay, I see how you guys are going to play this out. HD-DVD lost so because HD-DVD can't win neither can BD. Talk about SORE LOSERS!!

Here let me help you out, early adopters to a technology HAVE MONEY!! They not only HAVE MONEY they SPEND IT!!

NEWS FLASH!!!! Early adopters buy more new tech when it first comes out and then replace their equipment at a FAR GREATER RATE then J6P.

SO, and lets just spell this out for you folks who DON'T HAVE MONEY--early adopters buy the new tech at a much higher price and usually replace that equipment BEFORE J6P jumps into a market.

So get over yourselves -- HD-DVD LOST! BluRay will now become the HDM on disc delivery system and you can either get on board or try pathetically to explain how an upconverted 480p signal is superrior to a 1080p signal. Toshiba is already trying that one on for size -- and it does not fit!!

Did you even read the article or are you just spewing your usual sh*t?
The BDA could care less about the consumer as stated in the last couple of paragraphs.

I could go buy a BD player but I won't because of the profile debacle.

NEWS FLASH!!!! A lot of consumers won't buy into it either because of this debacle.

And your assumption that I don't have money is in your usual poor taste. I just happen to have more brains than money and a lot more couth.

Be honest with youself, if this war swung in HD DVDs favor, you would be the first to cry and scream like a beeeotch.

I believe the DON'T HAVE BRAINS is your addition.
Yes, it is.
My post was just 3 sentences long. Did you read it?
If you want to whine, then whine...
I don't want to whine. And BTW, this is whining
...This does not only happen in the home entertainment market but in every market here in the US. We are the last to get the new cell phones with the new features, we are the last to get the lastest in HDTV technology, we are the last to get the ground breaking tech in the automotive arena (diesels in Europe are already getting 85MPG!, Japanese are the first to the market with dual-energy cars, and will be the first to the market with cell tech autos.) These are just a few of the products that we are last to get.
...It seems that we are no longer in charge of our destiny as a consumer.
and this
We are behind in the developement of the internet -- many countries have internets that are 5 times as fast as the average in this country. We are the only country that allows multiple cellphone standards thus we have the worst cellphone networks in the world. Heck, third world countries have better cellphone networks then we do. Sometimes competition is not all that great. We no longer lead the world in manufacturing of anything other then guns -- and that is not something to be proud about.
...are you for owning your HDM or not? Simple question -- should not be hard to answer.
It isn't.
I don't give a f*ck in what form HDM arrives, I accept any of them (for years now).
Owning it? Unless I have to - no. But I guess this is because I'm one of the DON'T HAVE MONEY type...

Diogen.

Joesp,

Don't argue with HD-DVD crowd. They call them self HD supporter but they are nothing but Toshiba loving, Sony hating fanboi.

Ignore them, you don't need to convince them that Blu is better. If they feel HD-DVD is best let them keep buying those as long as they can and let us enjoy what we like.

News flash the movies will play in all the players. Yes you get the shaft for not having internet connectivity if that is what you always wanted in a player. But, you could have done some researched and seen your player did not have internet. It is like buying a car and griping that it does not have leather seats.

The PiP is a bit different since it is a bit more of a subtle change... But BD is at least marketing it as a new thing "bonus view" to at least give the consumer a chance to see some players have this new fangled "bonus view" and some do not. Much better than 1.0 vs 1.1.

Joesp,

Don't argue with HD-DVD crowd. They call them self HD supporter but they are nothing but Toshiba loving, Sony hating fanboi.

Ignore them, you don't need to convince them that Blu is better. If they feel HD-DVD is best let them keep buying those as long as they can and let us enjoy what we like.

:up

Joesp,

x2 :up

I bought an hd dvd player in nov the a-3 just sold it on ebay to some sucker!!! and bought a blue ray no crying here!! blue is better!!!

Well said. Exactly my reaction. :up

We know that in the long run BD will be outmoded by something else -- hopefully UDTV (4k x 4k pixels) and hopefully soon! We can all agree that ultimately BD will lose. There now!! Feel better?? :hatsoff:

This reminds me of the Sirius/XM debates. All of the XM fans were claiming Sirius was dead and look where they are now. They are catching up rapidly with XM and buying them out :) I would not count HD DVD out yet anything can happen......

If HD DVD dies Sony will have killed off the HDM format. No competition will end lowering prices. J6P will walk right past the 35 dollar movies and roll his eyes. The rate of adoption will dwindle . The format will be doomed to laser disc status. Market penetration will stagnate. The consumer will be the real loser in this. What will be left? No HD DVD, all of those adopters screwed, every adopter of BD paying higher prices and every BD non 2.0 compliant player owner screwed. Way to go SONY you really know how to F up a market!!!!!!!!! All to keep player and software prices high so you can make a bunch of dough.

If HD DVD dies Sony will have killed off the HDM format. No competition will end lowering prices. J6P will walk right past the 35 dollar movies and roll his eyes. The rate of adoption will dwindle . The format will be doomed to laser disc status. Market penetration will stagnate. The consumer will be the real loser in this. What will be left? No HD DVD, all of those adopters screwed, every adopter of BD paying higher prices and every BD non 2.0 compliant player owner screwed. Way to go SONY you really know how to F up a market!!!!!!!!! All to keep player and software prices high so you can make a bunch of dough.

Great point, everyone knows it was Divx (thanks Circuit City!) that got DVD prices down...:rolleyes:

Meanwhile, in the real world...I stopped by BB yesterday to find 3:10 to Yuma sold out on BD, 3 copies left of Dragon Wars (that surprised me) and the BD section worked over in general. 3:10 had it's own display of 5 rows with one for BD, meaning 20% of the display was BD and sold out. And this was at the $30 price.

Prices will drop. Probably by summer too.

Great point, everyone knows it was Divx (thanks Circuit City!) that got DVD prices down...:rolleyes:

Meanwhile, in the real world...I stopped by BB yesterday to find 3:10 to Yuma sold out on BD, 3 copies left of Dragon Wars (that surprised me) and the BD section worked over in general. 3:10 had it's own display of 5 rows with one for BD, meaning 20% of the display was BD and sold out. And this was at the $30 price.

Prices will drop. Probably by summer too.
In the real world everyone knows that the last thing Sony wants is to produce no profit 100 dollar BD players which is what happened to the DVD player market. Sony wants to delay that day for as long as possible. Not sure about your world though :rolleyes:

NEWS FLASH!!!! A lot of consumers won't buy into it either because of this debacle.

And here's a news flash for you: The vast majority of consumers don't even know about the "debacle" and aren't going to be buying a BD player in the next few months anyway... by the time it really gets mainstream this whole thing will be long since in the rear-view mirror.

:up

Some people can't see the forest for the blu fir trees.

And here's a news flash for you: The vast majority of consumers don't even know about the "debacle" and aren't going to be buying a BD player in the next few months anyway... by the time it really gets mainstream this whole thing will be long since in the rear-view mirror.

It was all over the media (AP to be exact) yesterday and TV, warning consumers not to jump into Bluray because of profile debacle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts