HD DVD Player Sales Top 750,000

What else would you use a PS3 for if not to view Blu-Ray movies? Have they fixed the PS2 game problem?

omg linux!

Love that response from PS3 peeps, sorry, as if that isn't a niche of a niche type feature.

The 'how many in the reselling channel' is a good comment, thought I not signifigant it's surely enough to make a real difference.

omg linux!

Love that response from PS3 peeps, sorry, as if that isn't a niche of a niche type feature.

The 'how many in the reselling channel' is a good comment, thought I not signifigant it's surely enough to make a real difference.

Yeah kinda like that video "I have 3 PS3's". I can fold at home 3x as fast.

I am like OMG... "I have 3 Xbox 360's " . I can play hit games like Mass Effect while you fold 3x as fast as me.

Goofy Sonyphiles.

Yeah kinda like that video "I have 3 PS3's". I can fold at home 3x as fast.

I am like OMG... "I have 3 Xbox 360's " . I can play hit games like Mass Effect while you fold 3x as fast as me.

Goofy Sonyphiles.
or people could be format and console neutral, use them for what they can do, and be happy with either one, or both:)

I guess that explains why nobody is buying HD-DVD's and they are being outsold 2:1.

In order for that to be a good number, the BD:HDDVD install base would need to be less than 2:1. It's not, which is why there is so much ambiguity about studios commiting. Current sales numbers keep people making BD discs, sales vs # of players (aka attach rate) keep people making HD discs, and a belief that one of these is better than the other keeps a studio exclusive.

Sony continuing to demonstrate it cannot capitolize on it's PS3 userbase that is outpacing the growth of HDDVD hurts BD very badly. This is further hindered by the cost of entry for the format. If HDDVD can maintain the attach rate while continuing to sell players the way it has, then it will win this war.

Vurbano, aren't you the one that complaints about BR having more players out and less discs? rofl its funny the type of fanboy you are, format neutral my ***
On a more serius note, HD-DVD lacks of the huge titles (other than Transformers) like BD does, you cannot*** deny that as of now BR has better title selection that will attract more and more people!

Two titles that will do very well:
Superbad
PoC3

Vurbano, aren't you the one that complaints about BR having more players out and less discs? rofl its funny the type of fanboy you are, format neutral my ***
On a more serius note, HD-DVD lacks of the huge titles (other than Transformers) like BD does, you cannot*** deny that as of now BR has better title selection that will attract more and more people!

Superbad
PoC3

This is completely subjective though. Looking at the most recent posts in the Digital Bits numbers thread.... BD: 300 and the new Bond, HD: 300 and Transformers. They are flavors of the month, not older titles flying off the shelves.

Price of entry is so low for HDDVD compared to BD that it's a much larger factor right now IMO.

Superbad
PoC3

I've never heard of either one of those movies...

what does PcC3 even stand for?

I don't think this is going to be the title to show of your system. Big budget action films do a lot better then low budget, aimed at twenty and under movies.

Personally even if Superbad is a slow budget movie, it still made lots of $$$ at the movies, and it was a huge seller..maybe no where near Spiderman 3/ Transformers or even Pirates of the Caribbean, still a well done movie. And the PoC movie will be the show of my system this holiday season, just watch and see.

I don't think this is going to be the title to show of your system. Big budget action films do a lot better then low budget, aimed at twenty and under movies.

How many movies do you need to show off your system? Personally, I buy movies because I like to watch them - I don't have people streaming through my house that I'm trying to convince to buy HD-format discs.....

Of course, having said that, no way I'm paying good money for a movie like Superbad.

How many movies do you need to show off your system? Personally, I buy movies because I like to watch them - I don't have people streaming through my house that I'm trying to convince to buy HD-format discs.....

Of course, having said that, no way I'm paying good money for a movie like Superbad.
I agree with all that you said, except that I will buy titles that are not "bad" and are interesting if its been announced that it will make your jaw drop.

I agree with all that you said, except that I will buy titles that are not "bad" and are interesting if its been announced that it will make your jaw drop.

I can agree to a certain extent, but it still has to be a movie I want at least somewhat...

But on the flip side, and more to my original point, I'm at the point that I will buy movies that I want on HD or BD even if they're not "jaw-dropping." I just can't bring myself to pick up that big box any more, even if it is $10 cheaper.

I only buy titles at full price that I will watch more than 1x. I got a bunch of the BDs I probably would not have bought when they were under $10 in the 2/1 sale. I figure if I do end up watching them 2x I probably broke about even with rental.

I come here to see what advocates of each format are saying to promote their chosen format. In the end I almost always leave shaking my my head at how each side distorts or selectively presents the facts to try to show that their format is king.

Her the #2 format in terms of platform sales shows that their format met amilestone without mentioning the gap between formats.

Both sides do this. I think that the HD DVD group is just a bit more separate sounding but I suspect that this isa reflection on the people doing it not the format they advocate. But both sides should probably learn that the tactic actually hurts their format instead of helping it.

I swear every time I come in here I know a little bit less about which format is better.