HD DVD standalones outsold Blu-ray.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That data is also a bit flawed in that it is April - December numbers. There were not even BD players available for the first months of that period. Question is momentum. You show current months sales trends favoring HD DVD then there would be a story. The difference for the period is only 4%.

HD-DVD via Xbox-360 sold me. Looks alot better then BR.

I had the PS3 and did not like the quality of BR-DVD. Next day returned the PS3 to Gamestop for full refund.

Of course, that is just my opinion

You know all this PS3 and HDDVD add on is a bunch of crap. If it plays any of the two HD formats its an HD player period!!! Its going to increase sales. Who cares that some bought a PS3 for BD movies and who bought standalones! It doesn't matter. Movie sales in the HD format is all that matters!

HD-DVD via Xbox-360 sold me. Looks alot better then BR.

I had the PS3 and did not like the quality of BR-DVD. Next day returned the PS3 to Gamestop for full refund.

Of course, that is just my opinion

i'd say quite the contrary. my hd dvd add on doesn't look or sound nearly as good as my ps3's bd player.

honestly, it's probably all in our heads.

On a digital screen it is not possible for a XBOX360 HD-DVD player to look as good or better than any HDMI equiped High Def player. This includeds the PS3 and all BD players and the Toshiba and RCA HD-DVD players. VGA just will not give you the same picture period. And since the XBOX360 HD-DVD player does not support any high def audio codecs there is no way to get/or match the sound output of a HDMI and/or analog equiped high def player. You will probably see these same specs (as M$ HD-DVD) coming from the Chinese players next year -- if HD-DVD is still around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)