HD DVR / 5LNB questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

klnewuser

Original poster
Mar 21, 2007
I tried looking for wiring diagrams but came up empty. If I want D* HD- DVR , I need oval dish w/5lnb. Does this imply 5 seperate RG6 cables running into my home? Sorry for my ignorance with regard to the above.:eek:

I tried looking for wiring diagrams but came up empty. If I want D* HD- DVR , I need oval dish w/5lnb. Does this imply 5 seperate RG6 cables running into my home? Sorry for my ignorance with regard to the above.:eek:

No. You need at least two for the dvr, one for each tuner, and one for ota reception, if you need it. You can't diplex ota on the same line from the dish, at least you won't be able to after the two new sats are up and running.

oops! I forgot to mention - I would like to also hookup 2 other receivers for bedrooms.

oops! I forgot to mention - I would like to also hookup 2 other receivers for bedrooms.

If they are not dvr's, then they need one wire each, two if they are dvr's. If you need more than four wires from the dish, then you need a multiswitch, either the 6x8 or 6x16 Zinwell.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts