HD-DVR Model: HR24-500

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kfxx400

Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
midwest
Looking for some answers! I have Buddy who used the above model last summer @ our campground with a B-band converter that Directv sent him and it worked fine. Hooked it up this summer and no go. Good #'s on Sat signal. I hooked my standard HD Model: H23-600 up to it with no B-band converter and I get every channel on MY package. Does he need his Inverter from home to power the Single head LNB even though Direct sent him B-band last year and it worked fine. He also has HD (H25-500). Does this also require an inverter?

Looking for some answers! I have Buddy who used the above model last summer @ our campground with a B-band converter that Directv sent him and it worked fine. Hooked it up this summer and no go. Good #'s on Sat signal. I hooked my standard HD Model: H23-600 up to it with no B-band converter and I get every channel on MY package. Does he need his Inverter from home to power the Single head LNB even though Direct sent him B-band last year and it worked fine. He also has HD (H25-500). Does this also require an inverter?
YES!! If the LNB is a SWM LNB NO b band converter is needed. However, the SWM switch IS necessary as well as the power inserter that comes with

What do you mean by single head LNB? Do you have the 4 cable out SL-3(99,101,103 satellites) or do you have the single cable SL-3 SWM? If you have the SWM LNB,then yes yo do need the power inserter,but if you the 4 cable LNB,you'd need 2 B-Band converters if you want to use both tuners on the HR24.

What do you mean by single head LNB? Do you have the 4 cable out SL-3(99,101,103 satellites) or do you have the single cable SL-3 SWM? If you have the SWM LNB,then yes yo do need the power inserter,but if you the 4 cable LNB,you'd need 2 B-Band converters if you want to use both tuners on the HR24.

Ok, Here is basically the setup my buddy has @ the campground, But he has only 1 coax coming into the camper which we had hooked up with a b-band last summer to tuner 1 on his dvr and it worked fine. Now no go.

Attachments

• DSCF0856.JPG
    DSCF0856.JPG
    553 KB · Views: 195
  • DSCF0857.JPG
    DSCF0857.JPG
    763.9 KB · Views: 240
Ok, Here is basically the setup my buddy has @ the campground, But he has only 1 coax coming into the camper which we had hooked up with a b-band last summer to tuner 1 on his dvr and it worked fine. Now no go.
You only need the power inserter & one cable to hook to your HR24 & you'll have access to both tuners. You don't need the B-Band Converter & you really don't need the splitter either. If you have long enough cable you can just run that into the camper through the power inserter to the Hr24.

Reactions: kfxx400
Or you can still use the Splitter & run 2 cables into your camper. The power passing output(red line) of the splitter can be run to your power inserter with a terminator placed on the other end of it(the output to the receiver part). Then you can use another output from the splitter to run to your HR24(without the B-Band Converter),& you can/should terminate the unused other 2 outputs of the splitter.

Or you can still use the Splitter & run 2 cables into your camper. The power passing output(red line) of the splitter can be run to your power inserter with a terminator placed on the other end of it(the output to the receiver part). Then you can use another output from the splitter to run to your HR24(without the B-Band Converter),& you can/should terminate the unused other 2 outputs of the splitter.
Thank U kind Sir, Just 1 more ? On dish type, Do I choose (option 3) or (option 17) on the satellite setup?:)

Thank U kind Sir, Just 1 more ? On dish type, Do I choose (option 3) or (option 17) on the satellite setup?:)
If it's SWM,it'll choose itself. Someone wiser than I can confirm that,but you shouldn't have to choose anything,it will automatically choose dish type(at least LNB),we need someone else to confirm that.

If it's SWM,it'll choose itself. Someone wiser than I can confirm that,but you shouldn't have to choose anything,it will automatically choose dish type(at least LNB),we need someone else to confirm that.
You are correct, a SWM set up will detect it on the start up.

Make sure the SWM Power Inserter is plugged in and up before plugging in the recvr.

Reactions: Bodo Fenrirsson
Will you be using 2 receivers,a HR24-500 & H25-500? Then you'd only need to terminate one output & use the other three outputs for one power inserter(hooked up to the red power out output),one HR24-500,& one to the H25-500. As an aside,the H25 will only work with a SWM set-up.

Will you be using 2 receivers,a HR24-500 & H25-500? Then you'd only need to terminate one output & use the other three outputs for one power inserter(hooked up to the red power out output),one HR24-500,& one to the H25-500. As an aside,the H25 will only work with a SWM set-up.
No Sir,We are going 2 try the DVR 1st and then try the 25 as 2ndary!:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)