HD DVR - Non lease?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Weezknight

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Philly 'Burbs, PA
I'm looking to see if anyone knows where you can purchase a HD-DVR for DirecTV, and what the current model number is?

My parents are looking to upgrade, but they don't want to lease, since they've owned all their receivers. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

HR20-700 and if you can find one the purchse price is I believe $500. They are in short supply even D* has a waiting list to lease them.

Unless your parents are planning on resellihg their old receivers leasing is a better deal. The monthly fee is no more than owning the contract is the same length, and D* is responsible for the receiver seeing they own it.

If they own the receiver, unless it is the only receiver on the account, they will have to pay the mirror fee anyway, which is the same as the lease fee, and the owned unit will not be covered for damage unless they also have the home protection plan, now, if you lease it, the mirror fee is waived AND you get a free replacement unit if it takes a dump, even without the protection plan.

Boba,
I think the price is closer to $750 or 800 to purchase.

Jimbo
You could easily be right since they haven't been available there has been no reason to keep up with current price.:) It might have been the DISH 622 I was thinking of.

Yep, you pay $4.99 mirror fee for an owned receiver or a $4.99 "lease" fee if it's leased.

There is no advantage to own it. Plus beside trying to actually find someone that would sell it to you for the $799 list price you then have the problem of actually getting a DirecTV CSR to put it on the account as owned.

Basically upgrade for $99-$299, lease, and you'll save a ton of money.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)