Hd dvr with 4x4 switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Earving

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
I want to buy a hd dvr but I have a 4x4 switch for 101 and 119 right now. My question is all models for hd dvr's work with the 4x4 switch? for now I only interest in standard signal because my new hd tv arrives next month. The hd dvr works with one tuner connected? If I connect the two tuners from the 4x4 switch both works in standard signal?

Thank's for the answers.

Sure, that will work for just fine for the 101 and 119 sats. Just use the correct sat selection during setup. For using the HDTV you'll need to upgrade your dish to a Slimline which has a four output multiswitch built in, so you won't (can't) use the 4x4.

im thinking hes going to buy a box by himself and hope it activates from the sound of his post, in that case, you will only get the mpeg2 hd channels with your current setup, but you can indeed run 2 lines off the 4x4 into the 2 tuners. and again make sure you set your setup to 18x20 3lnb. A problem you may have is if its a newer hddvr with the software download somewhat current, the IVR will fail with your current setup. A call to d* to get everything done professionally is still best.

switches

I have an RV with HD TVs and Component HD connections going up to the equipment box. It came with a standard DVD player. I want to add a blue ray DVD player and a HD satellite receiver. There are only one set of component cables going to the equipment box. So - I guess I'll need a component video switch. A few I have looked at have specs saying they are good up to 1080i. I wonder what is the difference to the switch between 1080i and 1080p. Should it matter to the switch?

Bob

You're talking about a totally different kind of switch. This thread has to do with a multiswitch which is used for satellite signals.

In your case, you need a video switch for component signals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)