HD Enabling Fee

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jimphares

Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
I know it's been discussed before.. but I couldn't find it by searching.... but what is the real story on the HD enabling fee. I had the original 10 HD channels grandfathered for 9.99 per month. Then I bought a 622 from the Dish Store and activated it. Since adding the 622 I started getting charged a $6.00 per month HD Enabling Fee. I subscribe to the AT100 Value pak w/local (over $100 per month) .. so why a fee. I thought it was charged if you didn't have 'other programming' than just HD. For $4.01 more I could have ALL the HD programming.. not just the old core.

But if you do pay the enabeling fee do you get to use your ota tuner as well? How about subscribing to your hd locals in your area and not take a meltalic pack? I would be curious to find out for my parents.

yes the tuner is enabled with the enabling fee.

It used to be optional, but now the fee is forced and the tuner is active

What BFG said. I have a 211 and cancelled my HD package, I'm getting hit with $6.00 to lease the receiver and $6.00 for the HD enabling fee. The OTA tuner, the local HD channels, HBOHD and StarzHD still work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts