HD Equipment cost for New Customers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

el_triad

Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
NC
I'm trying to figure out the cost of HD receivers cost for new customers. So far it's hard to tell from the Dish builder website it seems unless I enter my credit card information.

I have 3 HDTV's in the house. So for costs it looks like 299 for a DVR box, and then 100 for two more HD receivers? So hardware is $500 for the three TV's. Not sure about the dish but I have an old Voom dish pointed to 61.5 and the old Voom OTA antenna. Maybe this can just be reused?

It looks like the receiver fee is an additional $6 beyond the programming package cost for each extra receiver. So programming is $12 beyond the HD package price, right?

Thanks

I'm in the same boat, new customer. I'd like two 622's but I've been told that I can only lease one. I'm not sure exactly what the package deals are for new customers at this point.

Me too. I really want to subscribe to dish because of all the HD channels they have right now. Can't find any real information or enticing package deals for new customers though.

So far from what I can tell the additional fees with dish would be more expensive than with my cable company. I'd have to have a phone line plugged into my receivers (stupidest thing I've ever heard of). Plus the programming is more expensive. Plus I would have to invest $299 to lease an HD DVR and buy the second one at full price. And then we figure in what I may or may not have to pay for the dish (or dishes) and installation because I'm not about to sign an 18 month contract. On top of all that there's the HD Lite debate. Oh and I'd have to deal with waivers for network HD because there are a couple of locals I can't get OTA. And I still don't know if satellite TV really goes out when bad weather strikes. Is that true?

After reading some posts of csr and audit horror stories, and where people have spent several grand in the last 3 to 4 years keeping current equipment I think I'm going to have to pass. I pray my cable company adds some programming soon. The programming E* offers is really sweet but this is all just too much for me to make a switch. Personally I think E* is asking a lot of their best current and potential customers.

mlrtime3 said:
I'm in the same boat, new customer. I'd like two 622's but I've been told that I can only lease one. I'm not sure exactly what the package deals are for new customers at this point.
I am a new customer and placed an order this afternoon for a 2 room HD system with 2 VIP-211 HD receivers...Dish HD Silver Package-$59.99 with locals-$5.00. the estimated monthly charge was as follows:
DishHD Silver........$59.99
Local Channels.......$5.00
Extra Receiver........$6.00

Monthly Total........$70.99...charged at $64.98 for the 1st 6 months. The 1st VIP-211 Receiver is included in the $59.99 charge for the DishHD Silver Package.

Chg for 2 VIP-211 HD Receivers.....$99.98 with $49.99 refunded after 1st payment.
Charge for 1st two months of DishHD Silver Package.....$129.96...something about receiving a $100.00 Bonus or rebate for qualifying Programming Package, and didn't quite understand the CSR about it. Will call again tomorrow.
Lease was for 18 months which also included the Dish Home Protection Plan with no additional cost throughout the 18 months.
They originally scheduled the installation on Sunday, Feb 5th but as the "Super Bowl" will be played this Sunday I rescheduled the install for Monday, Feb 6th.

They are not suppose to deal for 2 211s in one year. One HD-non-DVR (211) and one SD yes or one HD-DVR (622).

Thats what I'm trying to figure out

I'd like to sign up for new service with 2x 622's and 2x SD receivers but I know thats not possible. I also want to get service started ASAP.

From what I've heard, the only way I can get two 622s is to buy one and lease one. Does this mean I need to wait till the end of feb/mar to get an initial install? I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to get my install ASAP and then get the 622s later?

tough luck?

Dish Network $100 Mail-In Redemption Form

I am a new customer and placed an order this afternoon for a 2 room HD system with 2 VIP-211 HD receivers...Dish HD Silver Package-$59.99 with locals-$5.00. the estimated monthly charge was as follows:

Monthly Total........$70.99...charged at $64.98 for the 1st 6 months. The 1st VIP-211 Receiver is included in the $59.99 charge for the DishHD Silver Package.

Chg for 2 VIP-211 HD Receivers.....$99.98 with $49.99 refunded after 1st payment.
Charge for 1st two months of DishHD Silver Package.....$129.96...something about receiving a $100.00 Bonus or rebate for qualifying Programming Package, and didn't quite understand the CSR about it. Will call again tomorrow.
Lease was for 18 months which also included the Dish Home Protection Plan with no additional cost throughout the 18 months.
They originally scheduled the installation on Sunday, Feb 5th but as the "Super Bowl" will be played this Sunday I rescheduled the install for Monday, Feb 6th.

[/QUOTE]
I called back today and got information on the Dish Network $100 Back Offer which is as follows:
If you are eligible for the $100 Back offer, you will receive $10 dollars off your bill for 10 months for a total amount of $100. The following programming packages qualify: America's Top 120, America's Top 180, DISH Latino Max, DishHD Silver, DishHD Gold, DishHD Platinum, Latino HD Gold, Latino HD Platinum, America's "Everything" Pak, or Latino "Everything" Pak. Only one form is required for all of the above qualifying programming packages.
For $100 Back offer, please submit a copy of your first month's billing statement with this redemption form. All bills must be dated after 2/1/06 to qualify. The redemption form must be mailed and postmarked no later than 60 days after activating your DISH Network satellite TV service. If you have any questions regarding the redemption form, please refer online to http://www.dishnetwork.com/100backfaqs

Attachments

• $100_Back_Offer_Redemption_Form2.pdf
    70.9 KB · Views: 889
Last edited:
"$10 off your bill for 10 months" after the 211's up-front payment is a little weak.
Do I assume there will be a similar proviso for the $200 back April 1 on the 622?
And for continuing patrons, what?

-Ken

I ordered yesterday for 1 211 HD reciever and 1 322 SD dual tuner receiver with the DishHD Bronze package.. Paying a $100. Called this morning for confirmation of order and asked some questions since the CSR I signed up didn't exactly go over some things with me. The CSR I talked to said there was no commitment for my sub. Hoping that's true...

Ordered 2 211's but got 411's instead and a 322. total cost $99 and signed up for the hd silver. Also they didn't give me starz upfront for 3 mos free. had to call back and get that. the csr didn't know anything about that promo.

pinkey2u said:

Well, It started off today when the installer showed up at 12:30 pm and had one 411 MPEG4 receiver but had the 311 SD receiver for the second one. So he called Dish about the mix up from what was ordered as indicated on his dispatch slip and what had been shipped. Now problem #2...The person he got in touch with stated the CSR gave me wrong information as to the cost for 2 ea of the VIP211 MPEG4 receivers. The price should have been $149.97 for the two VIP211 HD receivers instead of the quoted $99.98. After trying to work things out with this person and getting nowhere, I ask her how I would go about getting my refund back from Dish Network and she transferred me to the person from the cancellation department. This person was quite a gentleman as we discussed the situation I had encountered with my order and he agreed that I indeed had been given the wrong information by the CSR who took my order. So he then checked to see how he could rectify the problem I had incurred because of the wrong information and to keep me as a new subscriber as he offered me a solution of getting one full month of free programming which was worth $64.99. I agreed for the one full month to offset the added $49.99 and that I would still be refunded $49.99 for one of the VIP211 or 411 MPEG4 receivers, 6 months with no $6.00 a month Extra receiver fee, the $100 Back Offer and the 3 months of free Starz programming as I had been promised previously. Then I was promised that a VIP211 receiver would be sent to my installers company. After the installer was through with the installation he called his boss and I was told by his boss that the install date for the HD receiver would be between 8:00 and 12:00 on Sunday, Feb 12th but that it should be here sooner and he would give me a call for rescheduling. They had installed the 311 SD receiver temporarily until the VIP211 is received to replace it. Guess I will see what happens on this promise. So far I am happy with the reception of both the HD and SD programming on one HDTV of the two.

I called back today - actually had to call twice. The first agent told me that I could only receive 2 HD receivers.

Called back again and was told 584 for a HD DVR and 2 HD receivers. Looks like 299 for HD DVR, 149 for 1 HD receiver, and 49 for 1 HD receiver and 49 activation fee. Without the DVR box it's somewhere around 350 for all three boxes. Activation Fee?

Although if I wanted to order - the soonest installation date was March 20th from 8AM until 12PM. I can't believe new customers would actually be placing an order 6 weeks ahead of installation. Sounds like it be better to wait and call back later in March.

el_triad said:
I called back today - actually had to call twice. The first agent told me that I could only receive 2 HD receivers.

Called back again and was told 584 for a HD DVR and 2 HD receivers. Looks like 299 for HD DVR, 149 for 1 HD receiver, and 49 for 1 HD receiver and 49 activation fee. Without the DVR box it's somewhere around 350 for all three boxes. Activation Fee?

Although if I wanted to order - the soonest installation date was March 20th from 8AM until 12PM. I can't believe new customers would actually be placing an order 6 weeks ahead of installation. Sounds like it be better to wait and call back later in March.
Maybe give this [EMAIL="https//www.dishtv.com/order.jsp"]link[/EMAIL] a try. I went through "Live Chat" which consisted of leaving your phone number and in my case they immediately called back. Just a suggestion to see what they can come up for an offer.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts