HD Fine Tuning

Status
Please reply by conversation.

simplekid

Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
D* Gurus in HD, how do you fine turn your HDTV. What do you do to get the best crisp quality picture. I have a Westinghouse 42" LCD 1080p. I have the H20 with HDMI connection. Please advise.

D* Gurus in HD, how do you fine turn your HDTV. What do you do to get the best crisp quality picture. I have a Westinghouse 42" LCD 1080p. I have the H20 with HDMI connection. Please advise.

HDNet used to put up calibration screens... Any one know if they still do?

What type of connection does your DVD player support?? if you can go HDMI with it, then you could use the THX calibration screens that are on certain DVD's, or get yourself one of those home theater calibration DVD's

I use HDMI connection on both DVD and TV. I will check if I can get a a Calibration DVD. Thanks for the advise.

Definitely get the calibration dvd - it is worth every penny. It also comes with the colored 'paper' that you need for adjustment. Most come with audio calibration as well.

What is a good calibration DVD. I did a google and the hits I get is Monster/ISF HDTV Calibration Wizard DVD. Thanks

I avoid Monster products like the plague ;-). I have Avia's guide and that seemed to work well, but some of the content is a little outdated (which may not apply to you, depending on your tv). I have another one at home that is a little newer and came highly recommended to me. The reviews on amazon will tell you a lot.

check back later tonight.... I'm at work right now. I may even give it a try.... I've been putting it off for a while now but a guy that I trust with Home Theater advice swears by it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)