HD flatscreen/Dish DVR 625 no HDML hook up

buffee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
So I will assume I am not just dumb, but my dvr 625 DOES NOT HAVE AN HDML....place to plug that cable into.
My question is if I hook up a blue ray player via HDML, that hooks into the tv not the dvr? correct
Also on speakers.....plu them into the tv???? not the dvr....it was never this complicated/but this is the first time hooking it up when I have a DISH dvr. thanks:confused::confused:

Blue Ray into TV. Sound If you want the same speakers to play the Blue Ray then run thru the TV. If you want the speakers for just the DVR go tru the DVR. Useing the TV, will give you sound thru the tv. no matter what input you are on. Hope that helps.

The 625 is not an HD receiver, so it will not have an HDMI port. Your TV probably has a spot to hook the receiver up with RCA cables, or a coax, so you can run them from the dish receiver to your TV. The Blu Ray player will connect directly to the TV.

If you want information on upgrading to an HD receiver, feel free to send me a PM with your phone number or account number

Hook the 625 up with a yellow RCA cable to the tv for video. Hook the blu-ray player to the tv with an HDMI cable. If you have a sound system I would connect the sound from the 625 and the blu-ray player to that.(best sound)

Hook the 625 up with a yellow RCA cable to the tv for video. Hook the blu-ray player to the tv with an HDMI cable. If you have a sound system I would connect the sound from the 625 and the blu-ray player to that.(best sound)
RCA Cable for Video!! ICK!!!!

Your TV may also have an SVideo port.. if so, that is a much better video solution than the RCA video.

If you have an AV receiver (tuner, amp, video switching) then you may have an option for "Upconversion" from SVideo to HDMI .... so if you plug the SVideo into the A/V Receiver it might "up-convert" to HDMI ... and then plugging your Bluray into the A/V receiver as well as Dish and any other audio & video devices, would give you the best switching and connectivity options ...

When I had my 625 ... I had the SVideo going directly to the TV (4:3 standard 36 in tube) with the RCA Audio L/R feed, and the Optical Audio going to the receiver .. thus I would have high quality audio when I wanted but I would always have high quality video. (ie. power savings, rather than always needing to turn on the receiver to get video/audio to the tv. and one of the main reasons I've always loved receivers that have two sets of TV1 outputs)

As now, I have a 722k, HDMI goes direct to tv, Component goes to AV receiver ... though I could reverse that at any time... I've just never needed to... And if you don't have an AV receiver it might be worth the addition.

even used from Ebay .. I picked up a 4 year old model Onkyo SR804 for 125 delivered! in 2007 it was msrp 800 ... which meant it should've been online for 500 or so, and given time and someone else's desire to upgrade (they wanted 3d and more hdmi ports on their receiver)

Anyway.. use the highest quality video standard that your TV supports.. if it doesn't have SVideo then you'll have to live with the composite (rca)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts