HD Games on NFL Network Spotted!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigpro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
All games that show up as being in HD on the NFL Network schedule are in fact in HD, but interestingly enough are on channel 212 (the SD channel). The first HD game is at 3 am with the 49ers, and the replay of the Jets at 10 AM is the second HD game of the schedule. I'm surprised to find it on the SD channel, but hey, works for me. The more HD, the better!

You can find a schedule here http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/preseason_2006 but it doesn't show all the games that are on the program guide.

Well, watching now on 212 and its NOT in HD.

hopefully the hdsportsguide link is more reliable than the directv menu...

Using a h20 mpeg4 here with no HD. the guide does say HD. but its not .
they are just toying with me now.!! somebody up there doesnt love me

GeorgeLV said:
You need to manually tune to channel 95 to get the NFL HD feed on D*.

Yeah, how 'bout that? I guess the hd symbol in the guide for 212 was to just remind us to switch to 95? Weird.

lovswr said:
So this is MPEG 4 only?

No, it's MPEG2, but interestingly enough when you hit 'info', it calls is NFL Sunday Ticket. Anyone out there able to get these games that DOESN'T have NFL Sunday Ticket? Seems to me this is part of the NFL Network, and anyone who gets NFL Network and HD should get these games (I believe).
bp

I don't have NFL Sunday Ticket, and I'm watching it in HD on 95. Looks like a HD movie coming up later on 95. Interesting.

Yep, I was watching Bucs-Jets on 95 justnow, and I don't have NFL sunday ticket either. Very nice.

Sunday Ticket doesn't start until the regular season, despite what the guide data might say. D* isn't going to black out preseason games, unless there's some local blackout. D* can consider it as incentive to get non-subs to enroll.

anybody else notice that after the jets game, they started showing the giants/ravens game in HD on 95...then it cut out and I had to watch the *gulp* SD feed on 212.

whats the deal? if its because NFL network is trying to be fair by switching the broadcasters at the half, they should think more about being fair to us and giving us the HD feed...even if its only for a half.

oh, what they did last year was show half and half.....totally weird. i don't recall only seeing one half and then the screen go blank.

Senz said:
Using a h20 mpeg4 here with no HD. the guide does say HD. but its not .
they are just toying with me now.!! somebody up there doesnt love me

No toying I don't think............If D* carried NFL HD we would see it in HD "like E*"
but, seeing how D* does not carry NFL HD we are not able to view it. Unless they pop it up on ch95 which by the way Is NOT NFL HD, just a speical HD channel for anything and everything.

i'm pretty sure i turned to 95 during the steelers game yesterday and it wasn't there...shouldve i been getting it?

bigpro said:
No, it's MPEG2, but interestingly enough when you hit 'info', it calls is NFL Sunday Ticket. Anyone out there able to get these games that DOESN'T have NFL Sunday Ticket? Seems to me this is part of the NFL Network, and anyone who gets NFL Network and HD should get these games (I believe).
bp

bigpro & rad, thanks for your quick replies. Bigpro I don't have NFLST so I will see if I can tune to 95 today at 1400Eastern to see if I get the Saints vs. Titans.

lovswr said:
bigpro & rad, thanks for your quick replies. Bigpro I don't have NFLST so I will see if I can tune to 95 today at 1400Eastern to see if I get the Saints vs. Titans.

I don't think it'll be there. Not on my guide- says the Yanks game, where they usually put Sunday's EI baseball game.
Oh well.
Some's better than none.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts